“Perfect Wedding Day”
Review of Taplow House Hotel

Taplow House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Taplow
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We got married at Taplow House Hotel last month and it was perfect!
The venue is simply amazing! It’s beautiful, quirky and comfortable! The staff are attentive, friendly and really accommodating.
Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more. The whole day went beautifully. Gabrielle our wedding coordinator was simply the most amazingly helpful person from day one. Gabrielle is organised, calm, patient and is the person every bride should have to help them plan their day!
The whole team at Taplow offered an impeccable service and our guests have said that the food served at our wedding breakfast was the best they have ever had at a wedding!
I wish we could do it again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Treated a family member to cream tea. Good value for money and great ambience! The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Would highly recommend this if you wanted to treat someone!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had an excellent 3 course Sunday lunch in attractive surroundings. Drinks before lunch in the Hall with an open fire that set the tone for the rest of the occasion. Highly recommended. Our table overlooked the impressive grounds. Ample parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed for one night in December and whilst the room was nice and reasonably well kept I felt the service was very average and it was certainly not value for money, next time I'd rather go elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LondonLobster
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The hotel is set in beautiful grounds. It is warm, clean and comfortable. It has plentiful parking. We went to the hotel with an Activity Superstore ‘Fine dining Gift break’ voucher. At £299 per couple for one night, our expectations were high. I did not expect to have to eat off the limited £28.95 set menu. The food was well cooked and nicely presented, but the vouchers promise of a ‘fine dining experience ’and‘internationally acclaimed menus offer the chance to taste the best the British restaurant scene has to offer’ has taught me that with any of these vouchers it would pay to contact the provider to find out exactly what is on offer before buying. Let me be plain I don’t blame the hotel, but myself for thinking ‘that will be a lovely surprise’ instead of doing the research.
Our friends slept until two in the morning when they found out how thin the bedroom walls were. A party started in the room next door, or it may have been a Tourettes reunion event, judging by the number of F words that came through the wall. The hotel did not resolve the problem, so should similar occur then it would make sense to immediately ask to have a room in a quiet area to spend the rest of the night in.
I am sorry my review is not more upbeat about what is a very nice hotel. I can imagine it would be a wonderful wedding venue.
We visited Windsor Castle and Marlow while staying and had lovely days in both towns.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank weasell
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed two nights in a room that was on the 3rd floor called Room with a View.
The double bed was one of the smallest I've slept in. The bathroom is really one at time only please. No room to unpack the wash

Once coming back to the room the key card didn't work. This resulted in 3 trips to reception 3 flights of stairs each time to get the card reprogrammed. On the 3rd visit I was told that maybe the door key reader batteries need changing which they did. The exercise did me good but not sure how other guests would have felt.

At the end of our corridor, on the 3rd floor, a used plate and cups were left for a day and overnight before being cleared a day later.

The lady on reception was cheerful and helpful. The grounds are worth a stroll and plenty of good car parking available.

Room Tip: I would not recommend top floor rooms they have an attic feel and are small. Room with a View has a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Albert Z
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had arrived for one night stay during a week in London. We left our daughter with my sister and looked forward to one night away... Child free. As we were in the south for a week and my wife was just out of hospital we had to carry a lot of extras. .. Big bags. Check in was fine and we were given room 12. No lift and up many stairs and narrow corridors. As my wife was just out of hospital, I was carrying two suitcases and hand luggage. No offer of assistance despite passing staff and clearly struggling. When we got to the room our hearts sank, you could not swing a cat in it. There was only enough room round the bed to put a bag, ie have to step over bags to get round bed. DONT get room 12. It is described as classic bedroom. Tiny standard would be a better description. View is out to back hedge. Ie no view. Obviously need to get a deluxe or executive room for this. Bathroom also small. Beware when brushing teeth as likely to hit head off glass shelf. Toiletries in shower placed above shoulder height and v diff to put shampoo on hand.. Maybe this is deliberate. Breakfast fine, staff generally courteous and polite. Really , disappointment came from room size. Coffee in room was a tea bag cafetiere, which gives v weak coffee, and only one breakfast tea bag. Plenty exotic teas if that is your bag. Trying to be more upmarket than actually is. Try to get the basics right first. Stay was still good as our evening meal was out at the Fat Duck Restaurant, which is food and service beyond expectation.

Room Tip: Don't get room 12. Ask specifically about room size and whet here you are going to be front or b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taplow
Cliveden House
The Thames Riviera Hotel
#9 of 11 in Maidenhead
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
Macdonald Compleat Angler

Been to Taplow House Hotel? Share your experiences!