“Lovely stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Taplow
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel a number of times and each time is excellent. Rooms are great and food is excellent Gosia and Sav and the rest of the staff make your stay a pleasure. Hotel is very classy, with beautiful furniture and comfortable rooms.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave S, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Anita1961

As a regular guest I thank you for the lovely comments especially about the staff. The rooms are beautifully decorated and all of them are air conditioned, making for a comfortable stay in this glorious weather.

We do look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Dave Seward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I joined friends with my family to celebrate our friends 50th Birthday. We had a few drinks outside then a lovely meal in the restaurant and stayed in the hotel for the night, which was lovely end to the evening and a good way to relax.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear africasunflower

I am delighted that you were able to celebrate your friend’s 50th here at Taplow House. Refreshments out on the terrace overlooking the Tulip trees is most enjoyable, so I’m pleased you had time to soak it all in.

We will soon be opening Woofy’s Bar in our cellar - a more casual way to relax and enjoy some fine wine and nibbles.

We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for your review.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed dinner last Wednesday night. The food and service were exceptional and had so much improved since our last visit, over a year ago.
We will certainly return, much sooner next time!
Kathy and Allen Young

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kathy and Allen

Thank you for the fabulous review on your dining experience at Taplow. Your comments on the improvements are most pleasing. A lot of hard work has gone into getting things back on top form since you were last here a year ago. A credit to my hard working team who are all passionate about getting it right for their guests.

We do look forward to your return.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

WOW....where do I start, my fiancé and I first visited Taplow House Hotel in April 2013. I instantly knew this was the venue that would host my wedding day. Throughout the 14 long months of planning my big day I had Caroline (wedding coordinator) right by my side every step of the way.

Caroline could not have been any more helpful-couples would certainly pay thousands else where for the help and guidance she gave us right down to the tiny details of how much cake I wanted to take home with me the day after our big day. On the morning of the wedding Caroline was there at the crack of dawn ensuring everything was in place and ready on time, she seemed as excited yet laid back as me!Thank you Caroline you are amazing at your job!

The food-amazing.....We attended a tasting session in Berrys restaurant 4 months before our big day, the chef had no problems creating a dish to suit our taste! The food at the tasting session was faultless, I said to my Hustband I would be surprised if the food was as good on the big day-it was! 80 heads being served a fillet of lamb is not easy....every single plate was served to my guests piping hot-thanks chef!!

Savvas (f&b manager) was on hand all day attending to my needy and demanding guests. He ensured all of the food was delivered to the correct tables and generally made the wedding breakfast run like clockwork-thank you to you are your waiters!

Overall Taplow House exceeded my expectations and successfully made the happiest woman alive on my wedding day!

Just sat here scratching my head at the bad reviews, you must be extremely difficult to please!

Thank you once again Taplow House Hotel we will be back on our first year anniversary.

Mr & Mrs Harris

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dave S, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Jamie H ( Mr and Mrs H)

Thank you for your splendiferous review!

Your comments about all of the staff, those who you have mentioned, those you have not and those behind the scenes, and all delightful. We strive for excellence here at Taplow. We may not get it right every time but we certainly try.

Your comments on the food are wonderful...... I could go on but there is little to say other than THANK YOU.

I must also mention what a delightful couple you are and how much fun the staff had looking after you on your special day. What a thrill for them to see your review and to know that they have made you so happy. Such satisfaction!

We certainly look forward to seeing you for your first anniversary!!

With thanks

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We did not stay at this hotel but attended a wedding there which was most interesting. We felt the room was rather small and everyone seemed crammed in , extra chairs had to be brought into the room and the couple appeared to be rather crowded in with guests, the registrar etc .The afternoon tea that we attended, the tables were nicely presented, and the food very nice, however whilst still sitting at the tables , the food was cleared away prior to the speeches and people were still enjoying the food.,, that was a shame.re.Afterwards we went onto the terrace , unfortunately there .were not enough chairs for everyone to sit down. For a hotel of this grade I feel some improvements could be made, but a lovely venue

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dave S, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Inspector61

Thank you for your feedback as a guest at a wedding here at Taplow House Hotel.

Thank you for your lovely comments about your Afternoon Tea - we are glad that you enjoyed it. One point I must emphasise is that the tea stands were removed to be replenished rather than being cleared away!

The ceremony room can accommodate up to 86 guests, so there should have been plenty of room for the 60 guests who attended the wedding.

We are pleased to hear that you thought the venue was lovely overall. With regards to your comments about the terrace, our south facing terrace is always popular on a sunny afternoon for guests to enjoy afternoon tea, sipping champagne and sampling our bar menu. It was therefore very busy on the day you visited, which made for a great atmosphere. We do also have extensive gardens where additional seating can be provided.

All feedback is taken seriously and again I thank you for taking the time to review us.

As you have enjoyed it so much why don’t you book an afternoon tea out on the terrace whilst the weather is still so good?

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here on business last week with a colleague and found the hotel faultless, beautiful setting, excellent polite and attentive staff, lovely comfortable rooms and the food was truly wonderful. This hotel would be ideal for every occasion and it is steeped in history.

Room Tip: I don't think you could get a bad room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dave S, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Peter

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time here and especially thrilled to read that you found the food “truly wonderful”. We have a good team of skilled chefs who are forever creating wonderful dishes.

Thank you for all of the other positive comments on our fabulous team, rooms and the beautiful setting.

We are about to launch Woofys – our onsite wine bar which will have great modern atmosphere and of course large TV’s showing all the latest sporting events and great music.

I really do hope that you will join us again soon.

Thanks again.

cambridge
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I arrived at the this hotel to take my parents for an afternoon tea. A beautiful setting, gorgeous gardens looking out from the hotel. Our table was laid up on the outside terrace which was lovely as the weather was hot and sunny. However, our table did not have an umbrella, i was casually looking at any other available tables with shade when a member of staff noticed this and automatically asked if we would like to move. With no fuss they kindly did this for us.

After a chilled glass of champagne, our afternoon tea arrived, beautiful! We really did enjoy our sandwiches, nice choice of fillings, two scones and choice of cakes. The carrot cake and strawberry tart my favourite!
Staff were attentive, especially Rocky who looked after us and made sure we had numerous pots of tea!

Looking forward to returning in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Clunch

What a fabulous review! Thank you!

I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the terrace as the weather behaved itself. I am glad that the staff moved you to a shaded area and that you found them helpful. I shall pass on your praise to Rocky.

We have made steady progress in getting afternoon tea right, but it certainly sounds like we have succeeded!

We are launching our wine bar soon. It will have great atmosphere, a good selection of fine wines and great entertainment. The free, abundant parking will also make things easier. It should be fun!

Thank you again and see you soon.

Dave Seward
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taplow
Grovefield House
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 18 in Windsor

Been to Taplow House Hotel? Share your experiences!