“Opulent - made me feel like royalty!”
Review of Taplow House Hotel

Taplow House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Taplow
Leeds
“Opulent - made me feel like royalty!”
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Booked a day in advance with Laterooms - for around £80..
No idea what to expect but the little turning off the road was easy to miss and gave nothing much away. However the rolling drive soon revealed quite a grand house.

I arrived quite late and was told no rooms where available (with a little wry smile), my jaw dropped - just as my blood pressure was going up they revealed that as no rooms where available I had been upgraded to a Junior Suite. My oh my - this room was sheer luxury from the four poster bed you could get lost in to the bathroom that sparkled from every surface.

I was on business - however this place was so special I summoned my other half up for the night.. Well worth it!

I would say to remember the gate code else you'll be stuck at the exit gate scratching your head.

As I mentioned I got a very good deal through a last minute broker and at the price I paid was amazing!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Got stuck in London because of this volcanic ash but the extra two nights I had to stay near Heathrow were made bearable by this fantastic hotel. Great staff too. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
County Down, Northern ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2010

We have just returned home to Northern Ireland from our son's wedding which was held in Taplow House on Saturday 10/04/10. My wife and I would like to place on record our thanks to all the staff who made this such a memorable occasion.

The proceedings ran like clockwork, the food and service were excellent and the setting was second to none. But coming from a part of the world who pride ourselves in our hospitality, the highest praise must go to the staff. They were professional, providing fast efficient service without intruding but most of all every member of staff was friendly and helpful. We had some elderly family travelling with us and your staff made everyone feel at home over the weekend. Nothing was too much trouble for them We didn't really want to mention any particular member as they were all outstanding but we felt that Anna should be mentioned as a particular asset to the hotel. There was nothing too much trouble for her and she really did provide service with a smile. How she managed to get the sun to shine over the whole weekend was a miracle .

Once again please thank all the staff for a wonderful weekend.

Stephen & Chrsitine Magee

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 1 March 2010

What a gorgeous place to stay. Ana the duty manager was realy lovely & made us feel very special. It was a Birthday treat which was made extra special by the fantanstic food and amazing room. Ask for the Taplow suite with sunken jaqusi bath and your own terrace to walk onto, plus a car space just for you outside your patio doors. All in all it was amazing for what we have paid in the past for such luxury in other hotels this was a dream and shall be returning again very soon if it's just to watch the rabbits play on the lawns, bliss.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Tried to order room service and told 45 minute wait for a sandwich. Room and bed very small, tried to put clothes in wardrobe and its so small door will not shut.
Turned main light on and bugs came from nowhere around light. Carpet in hall way taped down with black tape.
My wife caught her dress on a screw sticking out from wardrobe and ruined it.
Ordered BLT sandwich which has always been a triple sandwich in past, came as ordinary sandwich with lettuce ans 7 chips.
Don't come unless you have to!!!

• Stayed February 2010
6 Thank cjpickering
sammytaplow, General Manager at Taplow House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2010
Thank you very much for your comments and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations, where my aim is to exceed them.

I hope the reduction in the bill we provided covered the cost of to the damage of your wife’s dress and your dissatisfaction.

Taplow House was built in 1751 as a private residence and therefore the 32 bedrooms within the hotel all vary in shape and size, this is why we have 5 different classifications of rooms ranging from standard rooms up to suites.

I agree that 45 minutes is far too long to wait for a sandwich and sincerely apologise if this was the case. I will ensure room service is speeded up.

Being located in within 6 acres of landscaped gardens means that we are surrounded by nature, unfortunately when windows are left open and lights are on then some of this nature is attracted inside, particularly ladybirds.

I hope we have the opportunity to show you how good Taplow House really is.

Warm regards.
Burnham
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sam and his team for making mine and Jaye’s first valentine together as husband and wife so perfect.
We enjoyed every minute of the evening, from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.
We dined in the Berry’s Restaurant - the food was exquisite – 5 courses of pure gastronomical delight complimented by the fine wine and champagne in such perfect settings.
As well as the great meal, I would like to compliment every one of Sam’s team we encountered during the evening, exuding levels of service and courtesy that were second to none.
I would definitely recommend having a meal at Berry’s restaurant at the hotel to anyone. Whether it be a romantic meal for 2 of for a larger number of people.
This was mine and Jaye’s first experience of the Hotel and we will certainly be returning in the not too distant future.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We held our wedding at Taplow House and it was the most amazing day. Right from when we started to plan, the wedding coordinator was always on hand and quick to respond to emails. On the actual day the staff were amazing. Everything ran smoothly. The food was top class, and wine glasses were always topped up. They catered for my dietary needs wonderfully, and nothing seemed like it was too much trouble. The actual venue is spotless. No faded, stained carpets like you find in some period hotels. Everything was clean and fresh looking. The rooms the ceremony and wedding breakfast were held in had gorgeous views over the landscaped gardens. The cellar bar we used for our even disco was quirky, but very spacious - we had over 100 guests down there and it didn't feel too crowded. The cellar bar is split into 3 areas - a dance floor, a bar area, and a quieter area at the back where the buffet was set up. This works really well for a wedding party as it means those wanting to dance can, and those wanting something slightly more quiet can get away from the loud music but still hear it in the background. The bedrooms in Taplow are lovely. We had one of the suits as it was our wedding night. The room was enormous! a gorgeous king size 4 poster bed, a sofa in the bay window which over looks the garden, and a spacious bathroom. The toiletries in the bathrooms is Molton Brown - very nice! Our parents stayed in the executive rooms and were very happy with those. Breakfast the next morning was well set up. There was a choice of cereals and cold food, and hot food could be ordered off the menu and cooked fresh. Taplow house's gardens are lovely to walk round - we even saw 3 wild deer in the grounds early in the morning. We would highly recommend Taplow House for your wedding or stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taplow
Grovefield House
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 18 in Windsor

Been to Taplow House Hotel? Share your experiences!