“Very Good”
Review of Five Arrows Hotel

Five Arrows Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Waddesdon
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed recently while on business in the area. Good welcome, nice room, traditionally kitted out, and very comfortable. Restaurant is a "Gem", excellent food, very good value. Only one thing let the place down - weak internet signal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cymru13

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My daughter and I have just spent a Saturday at the Five Arrows. Stayed in a wonderful (recently furbished) room. Great location, attractive hotel and helpful staff. We were very lucky with the weather too. Best of all was the dinner - absolutely fantastic food. Many compliments to the chef! If we were being really sad and nitpicking, it would have been great to have a robe for the bathroom - but what a minor point given everything else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChilledMama671
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I booked the hotel as a night away for me and my boyfriend. I was a bit dubious at first as we are a young couple and it seems a very upmarket place, however we were not made to feel unwelcome at all. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and my first thoughts were this is the kind of place where I would love to get married. Our room was spacious and clean...and OH MY GOD it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Our room was £89 for the night including breakfast and it was money well spent. We didnt have breakfast due to the bed being far too comfy to leave. Also didnt have dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was a mistake because the place where we did eat made my boyfriend extremely poorly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to stay somewhere classy without paying through the nose. I will most definately love to stay here again, and will make sure I eat in there next time as the food smelt delicious!! Thank you Five Arrows.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vstone2789
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were bought an overnight stay as a Christmas present via Groupon. Our room was in the main Hotel building and was in need of redecoration. The shower needed refurbishing to get rid of the entrenched black mould in the grout and sealant.
However, the room was clean and comfortable and had all of the amenities a small hotel should provide.
We didn't expect too much from the evening meal but we were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of all three courses. in fact, the food was exceptional!! Likewise, the breakfast was also very good.
Without the superb food the hotel would be average. A little bit of TLC in the older bedrooms would have upgraded my opinion to Excellent.
Well worth a visit for the food alone!
Visit Waddesden Manor, a fabulous building.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mortgagemiser
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at The Five Arrows, Waddesdon. We couldn't fault the hotel on it's friendly staff, delicious food and superb recently refurbished bedroom. The location is great for visiting Waddesdon Manor.

Room Tip: We stayed in the newly refurbished rooms, and although it was lovely and spacious, the lofted ceilin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Visited for my Mother in Laws 60th birthday, and we weren't disappointed. Excellent staff who hsppily sorted out all the little extras to make things special. We had a superior room and a suite, both of which were excellent. Without doubt though the highlight was the food, sensational cooking beautifully presented. Bravo Five Arrows.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RalphLub
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel after a day trip to Oxford, we was greeted and shown to one of the new rooms by the very friendly Charlotte. The room was beautiful and had everything we need, including a lovely big bathroom. We had dinner at the hotel, my husband had the ribeye steak which he couldn't say enough about and I had the slow cooked blade of beef which was both amazing, all the staff were very friendly and we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waddesdon
Hartwell House
Red Lion Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wendover
Best Western Plus Magnolia Park Hotel, Golf and Country Club

Been to Five Arrows Hotel? Share your experiences!