Five Arrows Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewswaddesdon manorlovely hotelcoach housedeluxe roommain buildingroad noiselovely roomfree entrywell worth a visiteggs benedictfour poster bedbletchley parkbirthday treatbicester villagea wonderful staycooked to perfectionfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Spent 2 nights here this week in room 4. Was very impressed with first impressions from the outside. The garden is lovely with very nice garden furniture. It would be lovely for a meal on a sunny day. The reception area is a bit odd and is part of the bar area. I found my room in the main building - it had an impressive 4 poster bed, and pleasant/clean bathroom. My only moan would be that it was quite tired around the edges and needs a refurb, including replacing the tiny TV. I think there are some refurbed rooms there so I would suggest you ask for one of them. Room 4 is also very close to a busy main road and I wasn't able to keep the balcony door open as the traffic is very loud. Good comfy bed but pillows were uncomfortable and lumpy.

The food in the restaurant was very good as was the wine offer. A bit odd we were given a table very close to the till/work area which wasn't very relaxing as orders were being given out from this area and it was a bit distracting - there were better tables in the restaurant where they could have put us! But saying that very good food.

Would like to go again just to visit Waddesdon Manor. A d of course have a bottle of Rothchilds wine!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bertie
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I enjoyed an excellent two course lunch without wine (sadly!) whilst I was in the area for some business meetings. The food and service along with a glorious hot June day made for a memorable experience. Well worth a visit if you are in the area and I hope to bring the family for Sunday lunch soon.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had a one night stay including bed, breakfast and evening meal. We were greeted by Horatio who took us across the courtyard to our room. Well it was more like a suite! Very clean and comfortable (the bed was the best we had slept in away from home!) When we went in for dinner we were offered a glass of champagne, with the menue.The staff were very attentive and helpful without being over bearing. The food was out of this world and very well presented.All was cooked to perfection and very tasty. The following morning, breakfast was a "full English" and very enjoyable.I liked the idea of using slate plates for the bread and starters. I would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant.

Room Tip: A good venue for a good meal and bedroom
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martyn D
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got married here last month. The hotel is a wonderful, intimate venue and the staff were all friendly and so helpful from the first enquiry right down to checking out the day after.
The suite we stayed in was extremely comfortable and had a lovely bath and shower.
The food for our wedding was a well thought out menu of delicious food and dietary requirements were no trouble. Breakfast was also fantastic. I would whole heartedly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a luxury hotel or an intimate and beautiful wedding venue. I cannot thank the staff of the Five Arrows enough for the wonderful day we all had.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RaeW90
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been working very hard away from home so decided to have a luxury night in a local hotel. We found a special Sunday night rate that included dinner and breakfast.
Was shown into a delightful room with ensuite. We had a great dinner and a perfect English breakfast. Will definitely go back if we find ourselves in Aylesbury again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple