“Great food, wine, service and atmosphere”

The Five Arrows Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Five Arrows Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Waddesdon
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Great food, wine, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We don't get together often as a family so we took the 'excuse' of my wife's birthday to eat at this lovely hotel on the Rothschild Estate next to Waddesdon Manor just outside Aylesbury, Bucks. It has a very attractive restaurant and bar in an old-fashioned style. Our waiters and the sommelier were friendly and welcoming. We had a table off the main dining room in a bay window. There is a very good wine list from the Rothschild Estates which we took full advantage of. The menu has some lovely dishes, check on their website before you book. The fish was beautifully cooked as was my ribeye steak. The desserts were very well presented. Our meal was about £40 per head which I thought was good value. The waiters were chatty and amusing especially 'Horace' :0)
We had a great meal, great conversation with my wife and two lovely daughters. One of whom was looking at the wedding facilities off the courtyard in the old stables. All in all a birthday to remember. My wife loved sitting out in the courtyard as we drank our coffees on a warm balmy night, we were sorry to have to leave. But we will definitely return!

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and good service.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a lovely dinner here. Fish was well cooked and the dish was full of flavour. The dessert was wonderful. And the chocolate and red wine was delicious!

Visited July 2014
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent Place for Dinner”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've probably driven passed this place over a thousand times as I live fairly locally. I always had the impression it might be 'stuffy'. However I am pleased to say that I was totally wrong.
It's a truly delightful place for a dinner out and if you appreciate high quality food cooked well this is a great place to go.
I would describe the cuisine as typifying what has become British.
I made a special request and the chef surpassed my expectations by incorporating it well into my dish.
The wine was good and there are several available by the 500ml carafe which very much suits my intended level of consumption rather than a full bottle.
The service was just right.
I visited on a summer evening and the place was bright and pleasant, I will be visiting again! I'd especially like to go back in the Autumn and sample some of the meats from the Rothchild Estate.
I thought the bill was very reasonable and certainly no more than many other places serving no-where near the quality on offer.

1 Thank Phil88Mo
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have eaten here several times before and as a surprise was taken here for dinner. I do like the architecture and look of the building and courtyard gardens which in fact is the reason it gets a 3. Inside the decor is fine but the school classroom type tables with no tablecloths do nothing for me. Friendly staff.

Food. Well my starter of asparagus was disappointing. I think I must have had one small asparagus split into several pieces with tiny pieces of mushroom and virtually no foam (who thought of this idea of foam)? so the dish was tasteless. My main course was ok - just - fish that was overcooked, pesto type sauce that tasted of not very much. The real surprise was that my sauvignon blanc arrived distinctly unchilled verging on warm. When I suggested perhaps I should try a different wine that came from a CHILLED bottle, I was met with the suggestion that they would bring a glass of ice for me to put into my glass of wine. I couldn't believe it. The glass of ice arrived with my glass of wine. So do I recommend it, NO.

2 Thank AnnaRz123
Sevenoaks, England, United Kingdom
“5 * dinner”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were staying in the hotel so the decision to eat in the restaurant was easy. I'm so glad we did, the service was very good, the food was excellent and the wine was great. We were greeted immediately we came down the stairs, shown to a table in the bar where we had a drink whilst studying the superb menu. Service was attentive without being invasive. The hot chocolate mouse was to die for! Not the cheapest meal we've ever had but certainly one of the best.
Breakfast the next morning was lovely, we went for the full English, local produce prepared perfectly and the same high quality service.

We'll go back again!