“ELEGANT DINING”

The Five Arrows Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Five Arrows Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Waddesdon
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had our wedding reception at this venue, 25 years ago. As an anniversary present our daughter and son in law bought us a meal. We booked the exact table we wanted a few weeks before, they were very accommodating, even though it was a table for four. Had a nice cocktail before dinner, all very relaxed, looked at menus and ordered, When we were taken to table it was the wrong one, we were very insistent and they did sort it out and put us on the table we had originally requested, ver apologetic. Started was hot and excellent and silver service. Good pacing before the main course was brought, steak perfectly done as requested, lamb just pink. Probably a good idea to order extra veg but there were some on the plates and potatoes. Good wine list, a little pricey but good selection. Nice puds. Attentive service. Worth a visit. Only down side was that a couple of diners were allowed into what can only be a formal restaurant, in cut off shorts with the lady dressed in what can only be described as a beach dress, however, they were staying but totally inappropriate.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Recently my wife and I had lunch here and although the food was ok (my steak in my sandwich was very rare, I wasn't asked how I wanted it cooked). The main problem was an atrociously slow service. In a restaurant with few customers it took 45 minutes for lunch to arrive. At no time did anyone come and speak to us or apologise until I asked if there was a problem. I thought the addition of a service charge to the final bill was a real cheek! We will not be lunching here again.

3  Thank Barrie M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We don't get together often as a family so we took the 'excuse' of my wife's birthday to eat at this lovely hotel on the Rothschild Estate next to Waddesdon Manor just outside Aylesbury, Bucks. It has a very attractive restaurant and bar in an old-fashioned style. Our waiters and the sommelier were friendly and welcoming. We had a table off the main dining room in a bay window. There is a very good wine list from the Rothschild Estates which we took full advantage of. The menu has some lovely dishes, check on their website before you book. The fish was beautifully cooked as was my ribeye steak. The desserts were very well presented. Our meal was about £40 per head which I thought was good value. The waiters were chatty and amusing especially 'Horace' :0)
We had a great meal, great conversation with my wife and two lovely daughters. One of whom was looking at the wedding facilities off the courtyard in the old stables. All in all a birthday to remember. My wife loved sitting out in the courtyard as we drank our coffees on a warm balmy night, we were sorry to have to leave. But we will definitely return!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a lovely dinner here. Fish was well cooked and the dish was full of flavour. The dessert was wonderful. And the chocolate and red wine was delicious!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've probably driven passed this place over a thousand times as I live fairly locally. I always had the impression it might be 'stuffy'. However I am pleased to say that I was totally wrong.
It's a truly delightful place for a dinner out and if you appreciate high quality food cooked well this is a great place to go.
I would describe the cuisine as typifying what has become British.
I made a special request and the chef surpassed my expectations by incorporating it well into my dish.
The wine was good and there are several available by the 500ml carafe which very much suits my intended level of consumption rather than a full bottle.
The service was just right.
I visited on a summer evening and the place was bright and pleasant, I will be visiting again! I'd especially like to go back in the Autumn and sample some of the meats from the Rothchild Estate.
I thought the bill was very reasonable and certainly no more than many other places serving no-where near the quality on offer.

1  Thank Phil88Mo