Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Steve S
Winslow, United Kingdom

Quality, friendly and value for money,

Review of The Bell Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 May 2016
We have recently moved into close proximity to The Bell and we are becoming regular visitors. We have previously used the hotel facilities, eaten in the restaurant, enjoyed a fantastic buffet breakfast and a lovely carvery all of which we cannot fault.
We find little point in travelling to restaurants elsewhere when we have a good quality establishment right on our doorstep. The owner and staff are also very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.
Date of stay: May 2016
    • Official Hotel
      £105
    6.1 miles from The Bell Hotel
    Free parking
    Contact accommodation for availability.
    8.0 miles from The Bell Hotel
    • Vio.com
    5.0 miles from The Bell Hotel
    View more hotels in Winslow
    All reviews pies award winning mash steak pie sunday morning full english breakfast breakfast was excellent carvery pub philip
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 25 April 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights when we visited Bletchley Park. We received a warm welcome as we arrived and were shown to our room. The room (No. 17) was a good size with a nice ensuite, the twin beds were comfortable. Even though we were on the road side of the building we weren't troubled by traffic noise. The breakfast was ok, but the bacon was nearly cold and quite chewy and hard, the sausages weren't to my taste but I am fussy about sausages! The second day I didn't have the hot breakfast and very much enjoyed the fresh fruit cocktail and cereals.
    We had two evening meals which were both fine, I particularly enjoyed the carvery.
    The only reason I marked down slightly was the breakfast. We would definitely stay there again if we are in the area

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Jill C
    Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night whilst visiting a friend, and had a very comfortable stay. All of the staff were friendly and professional, even when dealing with an awkward soul such as myself. I didn't have the opportunity to dine in the evening, but the breakfast was excellent. Poppy on reception was very courteous and even helped me when I asked for a de-linter for my coat (fashioned out of reversed sellotape, but it did the job!). The bar staff were friendly and took the time to remember me and greet me by name.

The double room I stayed in was very comfortable and clean. I was missing an iron for my shirt but this was sorted out promptly.

The breakfast buffet was very good, and although i didn't enquire, the ingredients seemed locally sourced and were delicious.

I would definitely recommend The Bell Hotel to anyone staying in the Winslow/Buckingham area, and will be checking back in there myself in a few weeks when I return for business.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
    1  Thank sp1z
    Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stay out often and are always looking for new places to try. We decided to go for lunch there and have a look around. The pub itself was very nice and all the staff couldn't do enough for you. We ordered sandwichs which for wot you got it was very cheap. I had a prawn baguette which must of had a whole bag of prawns in and my wife had a beef baguette which was overflowing with beef. After eating we asked if we could look at some rooms for further reference. We were shown several rooms all looked very nice and done to a high standard. We can't wait to stay

Date of stay: April 2016
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank tootrue64
    Reviewed 19 April 2016

Some attention to details and minor refreshes needed. Different carpet in different places. Tv remote not working and sink was cracked in room. WiFi worked for some devices only.

Fantastic steak pie & gravy in the bar stocked with good well kept ales. Lovely old character building - great breakfast. Efficient staff and clean/tidy enough without being clinical.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Food and drink were very reasonably priced and tasty, just not too sure about the fascination about croc footwear! Hideous things off my pint. I understand they are probably comfortable but there's no need to have them in such abundance and such bold colours, why make a statement about the wretched things.

Trip type: Travelled with friends