“Tea at Rooney's”

The Rooneys
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Winslow
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Tea at Rooney's”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Whilst driving through Winslow we came across this most wonderful Tea Room which my wife insisted we stop and try - bonus right next to the free car park. I got double brownie for spotting this most delightful friendly tea shop which not only pleased my wife because of the excellent decor (think she called it classic vintage - very smart) but served the most beautifully presented cream tea (Ritz standard). We were so impressed we brought a extra cakes to take home for the family. Thank you ladies for a very pleasant afternoon.

2 Thank Gordon L

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and service at rooney's”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Good service, excellent ploughmans and sandwiches for lunch, finished off with their lovely homemade cakes which were superb.if In the area you must vist .This could be the best place to eat in Winslow, we will definitely be back !!!!!

Aylesbury
“Excellent food and Service at 'The Rooney's”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

After visiting this very pleasant, newly opened, tea room in Winslow, recently with my friends. I decided to take my father their for lunch. We had a lovely lunch, with lovely homemade cakes on both occasions. I would recommend it very highly. I also believe after speaking to the proprieters that the name for the tearoom 'Tea at the Rooney's' is actually their family name, so very appropriate for a family business. Good luck to you all, keep up the good work.

3 Thank LyndaAylesbury
Milton keynes
“Very nice little tea room”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We have been to Rooneys twice and had a take away and very time we have visited. The food and the service has been 150%. They have a lovely garden at the rear for the nice sunny days to come. I would highly recommend giving it a try. :) :) :)

4 Thank Hgg1
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,298 helpful votes
“Unfortunate name.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I wouldn't have called a new cafe this name in the run up for the World Cup and after MU's mediocre season but there you go. I came to Henry's a couple of times and quite liked the ramshackle feel. Rooney's is interestingly decorated, maybe a little dated and more like the turn of the century but it's clean and a lot of effort has been made. When we came in a week or so ago, the staff were friendly and the food carefully presented. Better than most places in the town but not as relaxed as I would normally go for. Also a bit of a walk from the car park.

• Visited May 2014