“Wonderful Place”
Review of Springfield House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linton
Springfield House
Ranked #1 of 2 Linton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Springfield House in late May. Our room faced the front garden, a beautiful view. The room was spacious and the bed was ok, on the soft side. The bathroom was large, no shower, but a nice bath with lots of hot water, the heaters were a nice touch. Breakfast was very nice, all cooked to order. A stroll in the gardens is recommended. Linton is a very nice village, worth at least a day on its own; look into the walks and footpaths, brochures in the room and downstairs; we enjoyed it immensely. A couple of nice pubs in town for meals, the Crown Inn was our favorite, just a short (3 min) walk. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you must have a shower, ask for a room with access to one.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charliie2109
Judith R, Owner at Springfield House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Hi Charlie,
Thank you for your very kind review and i'm so glad you had time to enjoy the garden and the village. I've actually just renovated the en-suite bathroom to the room you stayed in, so it's now complete with shower and bath. If you ever find yourself back here, I hope you come again.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Springfiled House is convenient located to Cambridge. It's a large rambling house situated in beautiful gardens.
The owner, Judy, is a very charming and warm host. She ensured that our 2 day stay was comfortable and pleasant.
Our room was large overlooking the courtyard part of her garden.
The bathroom was also large, with plenty of hot water.
The full English breakfast was excellent and served in a beautiful dining room.
My only 'complaint' was that the bed was a little too soft for my wife and I.
We both strongly recommend Springfield House.

Room Tip: Try the Black Bull in nearby Basham for a meal.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WestbrookMelbourne

Hi,
Thank you very much for your kind review - i'm so glad you enjoyed the house and garden. I agree the bed in that room is on the soft side. If you do come again - do remind me and i'll put you in one of the rooms with a firm mattress.
Best regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Stayed here for two nights with my husband, Judith, was friendly & welcoming and our room was large, clean & warm. The bed was very soft but then I’m used to a firm mattress. Breakfast in the dining room was very nice and it was no problem to sit at a nicely laid table with other guests. I would certainly stay there again if we visited the area and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AuntEek2011

Thank you very much for your nice review. I hope you do come again.
Best, Judith

Reviewed 21 September 2011

3 girlfriends stayed here for a one night, which wasn't long enough to take in the delights of the area. Our breath was taken away from the moment we pulled our car into the driveway, as the house and gardens are quite spectacular. We were greeted by our lovely hostess who showed us each to our individual wonderful spacious double rooms. They were furnished with old furniture with some homely touches, added to the amazing character of the house. The sheets on the bed are lovely quality cotton and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms equally were clean, spacious and there was plenty of hot water. There was tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms and we were offered fresh milk. There was freeview TV. This house is a real find and once you have found your way around its higgledy/piggeldy stairways you realise that this house is quint essentially British elegance at its best! Americans will love this place and so will many of my friends who I will recommend this place to.
Breakfast is varied and plentiful and presented in a beautiful dining room. The gardens are something else and I will definately love to come back to spend some time lazing by the river and taking in the varied areas you could sit. The village of Linton is beautiful and has so much history

Room Tip: The double room I stayed in was in the the far 'wing' of the house and was lovely and quiet...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gill60

Hi Gill,
Thank you for painting such a lovely picture of exactly what we hope our guests will enjoy here at Springfield in your review in 2011. Plus it was an added pleasure to see you again last week.
The hyacinths you bought me are looking lovely.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed here as it is very close to Duxford, Audley End and Cambridge.

Our room had a 6 foot bed, rather soft, but we did sleep well, there is a small flat screen TV with freeview, tea and coffee, with fresh milk offered, adequate en suite with aqualisier shower over bath.

It's in a very quiet location at the end of a no through road, with plenty of parking, nice pub a two minute walk away called The Crown Inn.

Breakfast is served in a very nice dinning room over looking the beautiful gardens, it was very well cooked, pipping hot and plenty to set you up for the day.

Your hosts are very friendly

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacandhow

Hi. So glad you enjoyed your stay - yes Linton is a good location for a lot of local attractions.
Best regards, Judith

Reviewed 14 September 2011

My friends and I had a great stay at this marvelous English country house and garden. I would definitely recommend it. Springfield house is close enough to Cambridge to make it a good base yet far enough away to make it feel like you are truly experiencing the "real England." Our room was on the second floor of the main house (there were 3 floors and 2 wings to this house). It overlooked a beautiful English garden complete with weeping willow and river views. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and quiet. The bed was fine and the duvet was luxurious. My main worry was would the water in England be hot enough for me as it is quite cold there compared to where I'm from. Needless to say there was plenty of (very) hot water available in the morning. We had tea and coffee making facilities in the room and there was a television as well. Granted it was a bit small but hey, I'm not visiting England to view their television! The one thing I was grateful for was internet access which I needed to keep up with emails, etc. Access to the wireless internet cost me nothing which is a bonus in my book! Breakfast was similar to what you'd expect in England (bacon, eggs, toast, etc). However, there was a great selection of fruit, cereal and yogurt...not to mention some darn good coffee! The owner is very amiable and helpful. She was full of great suggestions for us as to what to do and see in the area. Note: Do not forget to ask her about parking tips in Cambridge...these were helpful indeed! This B&B was one of the nicest my friends and I stayed at during our visit to the UK and was also one of the cheapest. We actually found Springfield house in Alastair Sawdays Special Places to Stay in the UK and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this gem to anyone.

Room Tip: If you can, book one of the front rooms. They've both got a great view of the garden and the ri...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank calibeatlesgirl

Hi Dawn,
Thank you for the lovely review - so helpful for other guests. And we're glad you had a good stay - we really enjoy helping people make the most of their visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

unlike some of the other reviews , we didnt find the stay very comfortable. the bed was old and too soft,it was a very interesting house but the stairs were quite steep so not recommended if you have difficuly climbing them.We didnt have any milk on our tray for the morning. The breakfast table was long with all the guests sitting together where we would prefer individual tables, it was laid out very nice with silverware but we found it to be a bit too "posh" for us.The garden was amazing more like a small park, there wasnt much to do in Linton but we were able to pick up a bus up the road which took us into Cambridge.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dissapointed65

Hi, I'm so sorry Springfield House wasn't right for you but i'm glad you enjoyed our garden.
Best regards,
Judith

Been to Springfield House? Share your experiences!