“The most unfriendly, rude woman ever - don't stay here!”
Review of Dorset House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Shelford
Dorset House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Shelford
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We turned up and she hurried us in, demanding extremely rudely that we wipe our feet properly and leave our shoes outside the room. She then told us we could not use our rooms between 10am and 5pm even though travelling with very young children. We had no idea why.. as we had payed for the room! which was also extremely over priced for the service you actually got! the rudest landlady we have ever encountered in all our travels and we are very surprised that she can make a living in the hospitality business as she is not in the least hospitable! her husband seemed friendly, it would be a better business if she left it to him. We would not recommend this B&B to anybody and have already told many of our local friends to avoid this place at all costs!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank A87221C

Reviewed 14 August 2010

The owner obviously felt bad about having guests. She would not grant access to our rooms during the day despite we have a 1 year old baby. I´ver never experienced anyone more unfriendly.
We left - even tough we were a group of 9 we rather took the effort to find another place - it was just horrible.
On top of that all, rooms were small, they had no bathrooms, and the price was far too high.
Seriously, I am a frequent traveller, but this has been the very worst experience ever.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank DSOnAc3P
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I didn't hate it but if I could choose to go somewhere else, yes I would give it a try. It was set in a pretty good place in relevance to the park & ride in Trumpington. The breakfast is quit good too the eggs are from there own chickens but personally I thought that the sausages were pretty good as well. But I think the rooms weren't very nice we stayed in the attic which was rather small for three people and the television was quite small and I didn't really like having to share a bathroom with other people. If you want to find a place to stay for a couple of nights but your not on a really tight budget this is a good place

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2010

A very unfriendly welcome which rapidly became just plain rude. We felt unable to stay even though our children were ready for bed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Sybilfawlty_10
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Situated in a pretty location convenient for Cambridge, this guest house was spotlessly clean and the facilities were good for the price. The proprietors were friendly and helpful and there were good local pubs for evening food. It is fairly close to the M11; so there was some road noise, but not enough to worry us inside the house. We certainly slept better here than we have anywhere except home. All in all we thought it was very good value.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We have given full marks to this guest house, it's in a lovely area close to Cambridge, not far from Stanstedand and very close to the Duxford air field. Excellent breakfast in a lovely sunny positioned dinning room, enough to last throughout the day. The owners are very friendly, and go out of their way to be of assistance.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2009

This hotel was by FAR the cleanest, most well organised ,b&b I have EVER stayed in ,and I have stayed in lots ,the lady was lovely ,very welcoming,the room was immaculate,the breakfast was lovely ,why this hotel has comments like it has I really do not know, I read them 3 days before we were due to stay and I was in panic ,I had no need to panic ,I would stay there anytime and if we go in the area again we will certainly stay there again ,I would like to say a big thank you from myself and my family ,a LOVELY lady ,a Perfect b&b

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SouthYorkshireLinda

Been to Dorset House? Share your experiences!