“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Herbie's American Bar & Grill
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Royston, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We visited Herbies today at lunch time for the first time since it has changed to an American Diner. Overall we were very impressed, especially with the service which was excellent and the main courses which were both very good - chicken fajitas and rack of ribs. The starters were average - potato skins and nachos - although both were a good size I must admit to having had better - although that is not to say they were bad.

I would definitely recommend you try here if you like this type of food, which I do!

• Korean first
Hertfordshire
“A great place, go on give it a try...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had been meaning to try Herbies for some time. We eventually did. It was great.
The menu had so many appetising dishes it was difficult to decide on what to have. Eventually I chose the steak. I have to say it was the best steak I have had in a long time.
The service was excellent, the staff pleasant and attentive but not overly so.
The sweet menu, again so much choice and all sounded wonderful.
if you are passing, drop in and give it a go, you will not be dissapointed. we will definately go back again, and soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Highly recommended, great food, great staff, great place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

A spontaneous trip to Herbie's and wasn't disappointed.
There was a wide selection of meals on the menu, normally It doesn't take me long to choose my meal but this time I was spoilt for choice. The food was outstanding, it arrived in no time at all.

I would recommend this place to any one. Suitable for all ages.

I will be returning again, in fact I might even return this weekend.

St Albans, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask anymore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

On our way back from Duxford on Sunday we stopped off at Herbie's. we sat outside on the benches which was great. There is a large kids play area too.

It was a delight. Staff were great, attentive but not overly. Food was hot and tasty and well presented. We had small nachos to start which were hot, had tasty cheese and the best guacamole I've tasted.

Mains came out on time ( advised it would be 10 mins between courses). My full rack of ribs were served on a wooden board with homemade coleslaw and Onion rings. The ribs were soft, hot and in a good but thankfully not swimming pool amount of BBQ sauce. Didn't need a knife which is always a good sign.

My wife's blackened salmon (cajun spiced) was really fresh and tickled her tasty buds. We shared the jacket potato which was ideal for the ribs.

Banana Split on the desert menu!! More restaurants take note - this is the daddy on Sundaes.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very nice food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

i went to herbbise for lunch food was realy nice i had the sub roll was realy good and my partner had the bourboun bugger was realy nice to the staff were realy frendley and help full deserts were good to over all this would realy recamend it to every one keep up the good work

1 Thank Ashley H