“Top Banana!!!!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Took my family to Herbie's for a nice change, My son loved the childs menu with activites to do and went out in the garden to play on the out door equipment, while my partner and i enjoyed a nice relaxing drink. food was great, well presented and importantly hot. :-) staff were welcoming and very polite, will be visiting again as lots more on the menu we want to try.

1  Thank Wanda A

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have recently visited Herbies three times now for the Mustang Maniac Meet. All of our visits were fantastic, the food was excellent and not to expensive, the 'pink ladies' as i like to call them (waitresses) Were very kind and looked after all of us ( how they put up with our crazyness i will never know ). While we were there we got to meet the owner Paul and his wife , they were both lovely people and them and there staff delivered wonderful service. While the sun was out there was enough benches for the group of almost 20-25 of us to sit together we were also assured there were more seats if needed. On the dull and misurable day we went Paul and team had reserved seating for us in the back of the resturant! GREAT SERVICE IF I SAY SO MYSELF!. Thankyou Herbies! We shall deffinatly be back!

2  Thank Candyapple69
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my partner had a great afternoon at the Old Elm Tree and would recommend this place to everyone. Food was superb, hot, delicious and beautifully presented. I had their New York burger with cheese and bacon, Huge portions so came away well and truly fed and watered, Give it ago it is 100% worth it, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank L30bar
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, Great service and Very friendly staff. Tidy garden with outside seating and a nice area for the children to play in. What more can you ask for. 5star.

2  Thank clinton f
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The decor is lovely unfortunately the food is not the 3 children's meal we had I think came from Iceland but not with the same price tag I had ribs which where the cheap nasty ones that you buy in bookers cash and carry I know this because I work in the food industry my husband did come off better the burgers where nice
Over all I felt it was over priced and of poor quality not what I expected for a village I was expecting locally sourced meats and not bulk bought rubbish from cash and carry

4  Thank Florence M
Paul H, Owner at Herbie's American Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks Emma for your review

If you are in the food business then you will know it very hard to please everybody

As you can see from our reviews we have a lot of 4 & 5 stars.

It would have been nice if you could have said something at the time of your meal and we could have sorted any problems you had there and then.

Yes we do buy our kids pizzas and chicken strippers from an wholesaler which is not cash and carry but for 5.95 for a drink, main meal and a desserts I thinks this is good value.

Ref your ribs these again are not cheap ribs and are not from cash and carry and we do not get any complaints about them.

If you would like to call me at my restaurant to talk about your problems and the fact that you paid your bill in full my number is 01763 269933 and ask for Paul