I am getting married at the end of September in a village near to Sheene Mill. On the way back from a meeting at our wedding venue we visited Sheene Mill to look at the quality of the rooms with a view to booking all of the rooms for us and our immediate family on the night of our wedding. I had rang the night before and was told all rooms were available on the night I wanted. When we looked around Sheene Mill we were told all rooms were available and during email correspondence after we were still told all rooms were available. We also wanted some rooms the night before our wedding and this wasn't mentioned to be a problem. I rang to secure the booking by giving my credit card details which were taken without hesitation. I then get the following email:
'I’ve just checked the system & unfortunately on the 21st we are fully booked as we have an event. However all rooms are available for the 22nd September.'
It was annoying that the night before was booked up but never mind,
I then get another email a few moments later:
'Sorry it’s me again,
It’s a good job I have checked as it hasn’t been put on our system, the Friday & the Saturday are booked out, one being an event & the other a wedding.'
Quite frankly I am disgusted that my credit card details were taken and availability was only double checked after. I feel completely mislead. The incompetence and disorganisation of the Sheene Mill staff has wasted a great deal of my time, something you are short of when planning a wedding! I pity the couple who have booked Sheene Mill for their actual wedding. Secretly I am quite glad to now have an excuse to stay somewhere nicer on my wedding night, we were happy to stay there because of the proximity to our wedding venue and the cheap rooms (we asked if they could offer us a better rate and were offered £80 a night-so always worth asking if they will give you this price). Do not be deceived by the photographs on their website, the hotel is actually quite tired. I await a promised phone call from the manager to assure me that my credit card details have not been misused.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location, this Grade 2 listed mill is a superb spot to enjoy a Romantic Break, a Wedding, a Birthday Celebration or any event you can think of! Our strong kitchen team use only the finest seasonal produce, sourced locally to create genuinely imaginative modern dishes that delight and inspire. The eloquent food is matched perfectly by the attentive staff. Always on hand to help in any way possible, the Sheene Mill staff pride themselves in offering the highest standard of service throughout the bar and restaurant. Sheene Mill offers its guests the choice of nine bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities. Each room is individually designed and complements the original features of the building, all with views of the hotel grounds and tranquil mill pond, creating an atmosphere of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sheene Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheene Mill Hotel And Restaurant
- Sheene Mill Melbourn, Cambridgeshire