I admit that it was a Tuesday lunchtime and so not possibly the most popular of times to go. I frequented this place when Steven Saunders owned it about 6 years ago and it was great. First impressions: Bar was very shabby and nobody to serve you, unwelcoming on arrival. The garden was full of duck mess, the tables outside were wet and not set for lunch. There were no ashtrays outside for smokers. My avocado starter was small and sickly and my steak was tasteless, so much so that I bought it home for the cats.....say no more. Wine - average. I cancelled my desert order and left. Never again .................. in fairness the staff were trying to be helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location, this Grade 2 listed mill is a superb spot to enjoy a Romantic Break, a Wedding, a Birthday Celebration or any event you can think of! Our strong kitchen team use only the finest seasonal produce, sourced locally to create genuinely imaginative modern dishes that delight and inspire. The eloquent food is matched perfectly by the attentive staff. Always on hand to help in any way possible, the Sheene Mill staff pride themselves in offering the highest standard of service throughout the bar and restaurant. Sheene Mill offers its guests the choice of nine bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities. Each room is individually designed and complements the original features of the building, all with views of the hotel grounds and tranquil mill pond, creating an atmosphere of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sheene Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheene Mill Hotel And Restaurant
- Sheene Mill Melbourn, Cambridgeshire