Sheene Mill
Dorset House(Little Shelford)
Duxford Lodge(Duxford)
Hinxton Hall(Hinxton)
View Hotel
The Crown House(Great Chesterford)
Helen Hotel(Cambridge)
Panos Hotel(Cambridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsmagical weddingwedding coordinatorstunning venuewedding venuebirthday lunchbridal suitecooked to perfectionafternoon teathe riverreception areacomfy bedsingle roomemmaserenamillpondconservatoryroyston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We were a large group of 13 and the staff and food were very good as was the ambience. The only thing that shocked me was that a couple of days later we received a phone call stating that we had not paid for a round of drinks. Whilst the restaurant admitted it was their fault they still charged us the full amount. I think charging us cost price as a good will gesture would have been more appropriate, after all we could have refused to pay as it was their fault.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We held our Silver Wedding lunch on Sunday 23rd June 2013, here and I could not recommend it enough. The food, the service, the staff were all excellent - and they even managed sunshine!
A lovely, lovely day and I am already wondering what event to celebrate next so we can come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Many years ago I worked at Sheene Mill and was very impressed when I went back for a weekend.
Lovely outside decked area to sit and chill by the mill pond with Will the swan.The staff were all very pleasant and looked after us throughout our weekend.
The menus are very impressive and when the food arrived it didn't disappoint..excellent all round.
I had heard it was under new management and after the customer care,quailty of the food and lovely surroundings I hope The Sheene Mill is back on the map.
I would highly recommend visiting Sheene Mill for a fantastic experience with eating or a weekend break.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank streekybacon
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Lovely restaurant in beautiful surroundings, just a shame about the service!

Food was very nice, starters arrived and couldn’t be faulted, but sadly it then went all down hill from there.

Our mains arrived beautifully presented, well the one and a half meals they brought to us as sadly my girlfriend meal was missing its vegetables. We were then blatantly ignored for the next hour by the waiting staff who were happy to serve the other 7 tables with their drinks and food, leaving myself drink less for the most part of the hour. When we did manage to catch a waiters eye it was for them to clear our table leaving us both sitting there for another 45 mins before asking us if we would like some desert!!

Somewhat to the waiters surprise we refused to have desert as we had appointments in Cambridge the next morning and didn’t want to be still sat at the table awaiting our deserts.

Paid the bill, minus any gratuity and left.

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS LEVEL OF SERVICE AND WILL NEVER RETURN!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul E
sheenemillreception, Owner at Sheene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Paul,

I am very sorry to hear that you felt as though you were left out. I can assure you that we have taken this feedback seriously and put strict timing checks in place to prevent this from ever happening in the future.

I'm sure that if you gave us a chance in the future we would provide you with the dessert that you weren't able to have on us!

Regards

Adam Jordan

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Now under new management with Serena and Jordan, this is well worth a visit. We have been several times for a meal and have not been disappointed. Interesting menu, excellent food and very good value on Mondays where there is a limited choice 3 course meal for £17 - needless to say you need to book!

It is a lovely location overlooking the mill pond- staff are friendly andparking is easy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family