Well, ok. Yeah, let me tell you about this place.
Seems to be run by a young, slightly scary couple. I'm being mean here, they were nice. The woman is very well made up you see, a little bit too much, like if I were to strike a match she'd go up in one huge fireball. Haha, no, I'm joking. But hey I'm in Melbourn, this place is for rich farmers with an NVQ in horticulture or something.
The food.. .yeah... I'm sure it was good, I don't remember it that well but I had no complaints. The table was clearly outdoor furniture with a fancy table cloth, set in a poorly designed conservatory extension. But did that detract from our evening? Maybe my evening but no one else's.
Something really stole the show for me, something that bought this place a 4 star rating from me (which is a good rating, thanks in advance) which was the swan. I basically never donate to charity but I did donate to this swan's fund. He provided me with endless entertainment as I sat for what seemed like an aeon in the waiting lounge (waiting for my table). He pecked the glass, danced around, generally demanded attention. I imagine if you went outside into the child's scrapbook of a garden with its garish purple and green lights, you'd swiftly have your behind kicked by this bad bad swan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location, this Grade 2 listed mill is a superb spot to enjoy a Romantic Break, a Wedding, a Birthday Celebration or any event you can think of! Our strong kitchen team use only the finest seasonal produce, sourced locally to create genuinely imaginative modern dishes that delight and inspire. The eloquent food is matched perfectly by the attentive staff. Always on hand to help in any way possible, the Sheene Mill staff pride themselves in offering the highest standard of service throughout the bar and restaurant. Sheene Mill offers its guests the choice of nine bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities. Each room is individually designed and complements the original features of the building, all with views of the hotel grounds and tranquil mill pond, creating an atmosphere of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Sheene Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheene Mill Hotel And Restaurant
- Sheene Mill Melbourn, Cambridgeshire