“Wonderful time!”
Review of Sheene Mill

Sheene Mill
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Melbourn
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friend had her wedding reception here and I must say it is a stunning place with great staff and delicious food. The owners are lovely and I would like to return again in a few years time, have such wonderful memories of the Sheene Mill, and my friends wedding went without a hitch!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We held our wedding reception at The Sheene Mill in September this year and we could not have asked for a more perfect location.
The planning and set up of the big day was so smoothly done, and we had no worries at all, we had complete confidence with the wedding planner Emma, we explained how we would like everything and she got it perfect.
The food and the atmosphere were fantastic, as was the service from all staff working on that day.
All our guests enjoyed the whole day and evening and said what a wonderful time they had.
It is a perfect location to get beautiful wedding photos also with all the different views from each place.
I would recommend this to any bride and groom looking for a beautiful setting to hold their wedding.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I have visited the sheene mill many times,over the last few years. The sheene mill was a fabulous place many years ago, and has changed ownership a few times and went downhill. I'm now pleased to say,it back up to the high standard it was many years ago.
It is set in beautiful surroundings,enjoy outdoor dining or just go sit outside and have one of the French champagne cocktails delicious, weather permiting. The current owners are really nice,and you are always made to feel special.
The food and ambiance is amazing.they have special themed nights which are great fun,especially if you go with a group of friends. This place is also a lovely venue for a romantic evening,and weddings.
Iv not had the chance to stayin the hotel, but have recommend it to friends needing somewhere to stay,but the rooms do look lovely. A full English breakfast is on offer the next morning,which iv been told is also good. The current owners are doing some works on the rooms,so should be beautiful when complete.
If you are looking for a place to eat or stay that is something special,you will not be disappointed
.I'm defiantly going back again.im sure you will also return once you have visited this beautiful place.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank diamondsCambridge
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have been to Sheene Mill a couple of times since Serena and Jordan have taken over and I have always had a fantastic evening.

The food is very good, it's in a great location and have always been given great service. Have been to a couple of themed party nights there and they have been well organised and fun. I would highly recommend the Sheene Mill to anyone who asked.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was lucky enough to attend a wedding at the Sheene Mill this weekend and it was a truly gorgeous experience. The setting was beautiful, the food was sublime and the service excellent. I can only praise everyone involved.

Room Tip: Didn't stay overnight :-(
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grandprixbabe
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Well, ok. Yeah, let me tell you about this place.

Seems to be run by a young, slightly scary couple. I'm being mean here, they were nice. The woman is very well made up you see, a little bit too much, like if I were to strike a match she'd go up in one huge fireball. Haha, no, I'm joking. But hey I'm in Melbourn, this place is for rich farmers with an NVQ in horticulture or something.

The food.. .yeah... I'm sure it was good, I don't remember it that well but I had no complaints. The table was clearly outdoor furniture with a fancy table cloth, set in a poorly designed conservatory extension. But did that detract from our evening? Maybe my evening but no one else's.

Something really stole the show for me, something that bought this place a 4 star rating from me (which is a good rating, thanks in advance) which was the swan. I basically never donate to charity but I did donate to this swan's fund. He provided me with endless entertainment as I sat for what seemed like an aeon in the waiting lounge (waiting for my table). He pecked the glass, danced around, generally demanded attention. I imagine if you went outside into the child's scrapbook of a garden with its garish purple and green lights, you'd swiftly have your behind kicked by this bad bad swan.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean H
sheenemillreception, Owner at Sheene Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Jean,

Thanks for your review. I hope I'm not the scary owner you mentioned lol... I don't think we are as you visited us in October 2012 and we only took over in January 2013.

Well the good news is that lots of things have happened since your visit. We still have "Will" the Swan, the food has got even better with new menus, the rooms have all received some TLC and I'm sure that we would now get that 5 star rating from you!

We hope to see you again!

Regards

Adam Jordan
(Owner)

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We recently celebrated at the Sheen Mill for lunch prior to going on holiday from Stansted. It is a lovely spot, a beautifully furnished dining room, with a simple elegance. Stunning views over the lovely rear gardens and pond. The table decorations and floral arrangements contribute to a very refined atmosphere. The menu is extensive and the dishes very well balanced (we didn't opt for side dishes, they really weren't needed). Each plate was beautifully presented and the food imaginatively arranged with excellent use of edible flowers to make the plates look especially pretty. The produce was of the highest quality and they are proud to name their suppliers. The service was fine, but not especially warm on this occasion (that said they were preparing for a large wedding reception). The desserts were particularly delicious (I have a very sweet tooth). All in all it was a lovely place for a celebration. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank creteboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourn
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Cambridge City Centre
The Gonville Hotel
The Gonville Hotel
#2 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to Sheene Mill? Share your experiences!