We revisited after a gap of some 5 years or so. We were delighted to find that the decline in standards previously experienced had been halted that the current management have clearly made great strides in returning to the excellence for which Sheene Mill had become known in the days of Steven Saunders.
The food was beautifully presented, plentiful & full of flavour. Service was good despite being delivered by ,judging by their age, relatively inexperienced staff. However, their keenness to please was appreciated.
This visit was something of a "reccy" for a Sunday lunch venue to share with friends. Suffice to say we will be returning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location, this Grade 2 listed mill is a superb spot to enjoy a Romantic Break, a Wedding, a Birthday Celebration or any event you can think of! Our strong kitchen team use only the finest seasonal produce, sourced locally to create genuinely imaginative modern dishes that delight and inspire. The eloquent food is matched perfectly by the attentive staff. Always on hand to help in any way possible, the Sheene Mill staff pride themselves in offering the highest standard of service throughout the bar and restaurant. Sheene Mill offers its guests the choice of nine bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities. Each room is individually designed and complements the original features of the building, all with views of the hotel grounds and tranquil mill pond, creating an atmosphere of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Sheene Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheene Mill Hotel And Restaurant
- Sheene Mill Melbourn, Cambridgeshire