I have visited this restaurant twice since moving to the area and on both occasions have had a fantastic experience.
Our first experience was a surprise 60th birthday dinner for my mother-in-law back in January of this year. I liaised with the events manager Emma to organise the evening and she could not do enough for us. We had a number of quite complex dietary requirements, which they took on board and we did not need to remind them on the evening; they immediately spoke to the people concerned to ensure there was plenty of choice from the menu. They were also willing for the guests to choose between a set menu and the usual evening a la carte menu.
As for the food on the evening, this was outstanding. My main of venison was cooked to perfection and I have never tasted such a flavoursome jus.
Our second visit was today (bank holiday Monday) for a relaxed long lunch with friends. Again, the food was delicious. All I would say is that the service was not quite as attentive as on previous occasions; we asked for water for the table on two occasions however never received it. When it appeared on our bill the waitress did apologise which was appreciated. There was also not a great waiting presence throughout the meal; we were not asked whether the food was ok and we had no opportunity to ask for more drinks until our mains were cleared.
In terms of service our second visit was perhaps not quite as good however without a shadow of a doubt I would return for t he spectacular food and it is certainly an excellent location for a special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location, this Grade 2 listed mill is a superb spot to enjoy a Romantic Break, a Wedding, a Birthday Celebration or any event you can think of! Our strong kitchen team use only the finest seasonal produce, sourced locally to create genuinely imaginative modern dishes that delight and inspire. The eloquent food is matched perfectly by the attentive staff. Always on hand to help in any way possible, the Sheene Mill staff pride themselves in offering the highest standard of service throughout the bar and restaurant. Sheene Mill offers its guests the choice of nine bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities. Each room is individually designed and complements the original features of the building, all with views of the hotel grounds and tranquil mill pond, creating an atmosphere of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Sheene Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheene Mill Hotel And Restaurant
- Sheene Mill Melbourn, Cambridgeshire