My two friends and I went to Sheene Mill for lunch last Friday. It was the second time my friends had been and my first. The setting is really beautiful with a river and lots of bird life including a very grumpy swan.. The menu was slightly confusing with little stars signifying the special offer two and three course lunch deals. But the staff explained it to us and we worked it out. I think just an extra sheet with the itemised specials would be easier.
The food when it arrived was absolutely delicious. I was very very impressed . I had a Lemon Possett for dessert and it was the best dessert I have ever had ... I am going to be cheeky and pop in and ask for the recipe. The service was great and the staff friendly. We had a lovely time and I can't wait to go back.
Top place... well done
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location, this Grade 2 listed mill is a superb spot to enjoy a Romantic Break, a Wedding, a Birthday Celebration or any event you can think of! Our strong kitchen team use only the finest seasonal produce, sourced locally to create genuinely imaginative modern dishes that delight and inspire. The eloquent food is matched perfectly by the attentive staff. Always on hand to help in any way possible, the Sheene Mill staff pride themselves in offering the highest standard of service throughout the bar and restaurant. Sheene Mill offers its guests the choice of nine bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities. Each room is individually designed and complements the original features of the building, all with views of the hotel grounds and tranquil mill pond, creating an atmosphere of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sheene Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheene Mill Hotel And Restaurant
- Sheene Mill Melbourn, Cambridgeshire