“Welcoming, comfortable, home from home”

The Whitehouse Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 3 St Neots B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

About 30 mins before my arrival I received a text from Fleur (the owner) asking if I'd like a chicken dinner. OMGoodness was that welcome. B&B don't as a rule provide evening meals and yet Fleur was happy to do this and I am grateful that she did. My room was very comfortable. Bathroom was spotless with everything working as it should. Overall amazing value, and great service. Thanks Fleur, I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I can confirm what so many others have written before. This is a top rate B and B. My bedroom, although small, was very comfortable with an excellent bathroom and wonderful soft towels. Downstairs there was a well equipped kitchen and sitting room where I enjoyed a delicious take-away casserole dinner provided from a local firm and recommended by my hostess at incredible value. I strongly recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the Whitehouse Guesthouse and had a fantastic time. We were well looked after and the reception we recieved was lovely and welcoming. I would be happy to recommend this guesthouse to friends and family and we will definitely be returning the next time we decide to visit Cambridge.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Whitehouse Guesthouse for 3 nights ( was only going to be 2 but we extended) and we can't speak highly enough about our experience. Fleur and Paul, the hosts, were so friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay memorable.
The facilities were great and having a kitchen was fantastic as we were able to cook our own evening meals, breakfast was included in the price and was truly amazing.
Maybe the bedrooms are a bit on the small side but this was not really an issue as there was a cosy sofa in the kitchen to watch TV on. (We chose the twin room which gives you a bit more room). The shower was great with plenty of pressure and hot water. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: Pick the twin room if you are not after a romantic getaway. Lol
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cpt58
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We only stayed at the Whitehouse for one evening but were very happy with our stay. The bedroom was a bit small but the ensuite was excellent. Having a kitchen available to make a cup of tea and some toast in the evening was a bonus. The full English Breakfast was great and the hostess was very friendly. I wouldn't hestitate to recommend this for a stay.

Room Tip: See if the full double room is available as ours was OK but a bit small.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Roy S
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Booked a room online for a colleague, based on the reviews and then realised I'd booked the room, through my own ineptitude, for the wrong night. Not only was Fleur, most willing not to charge me for the error, she went out of her way to help me find another place for my colleague as her and her husband Paul, being fully booked didn't have any rooms available for the night in question. Fleur really made what was a stressful situation almost pleasant, and if this was any indication of how a paying guest would be treated I can whole heartedly recommend staying at the Whitehouse, as they go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. I will definitely be seeking a room on the right night should our representatives be in that area again! Top marks Fleur & Paul!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed this weekend at The Whitehouse so we could go and enjoy time in Cambridge, only half an hour away.
We had a lovely friendly welcome from Fleur who told us instantly that she'd given us a bigger room than the one we'd booked. She also told us all about the local eateries for the evening. We chose the local italian in St.Neots.
The rooms are very comfortable, contemporary and uncluttered. Our en-suite shower room was very clean with complementary essential extras in case you had forgotten yours! It was a good shower.
We shared our breakfast table in the kitchen with three other guests (all of us chatting away, really nice and friendly). It was a small kitchen belonging to the stable rooms we were in. It was help yourself teas and coffees and cereals, but also a great cooked breakfast came, yum!

We wouldn't hesitate to return there; great value for money, soft towels, runny eggs in the morning. All good. Thoroughly good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Premier Inn St. Neots (Colmworth Park) Hotel
Nags Head Hotel
Nags Head Hotel
#3 of 4 in St Neots

Been to The Whitehouse Guesthouse? Share your experiences!