“Brilliant guesthouse”

Ranked #1 of 3 St Neots B&B and Inns
Rushden
“Brilliant guesthouse”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I went there with my partner as we were attending a wedding reception in the area. Great value for money. We had a warm welcome, the facilities were good and everything was spotless. The breakfast was really relaxed and there was a good choice of continental and cooked food. We will definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again ourselves.

Room Tip: Downstairs room have access to the kitchen and the rear garden.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I chose this hotel last minute for a weekend away with my partner. I called before booking to ask what room they recommended and ended up in Room 1 which was two single beds pushed together to make a king and was the most comfortable I have ever known for beds including a perfect sized room which was clean and pleasant.
It was a perfect size room and we had a fantastic welcoming by both Fleur and Paul who really went above and beyond to recommend places for us to visit during our 2 days in the area.
We were very lucky with the weather and planned to visit Cambridge and explore. The guest house is a 30 minute drive from the Centre but we wanted the flexibility of being able to have an alcoholic beverage so we caught a lift with Paul which they kindly offered us, to St Neots town and then caught the X5 coach as advised into Cambridge. Fleur recommended the Cau restaurant for Argentinian cuisine which served fantastic food as they had sad. Fleur has also suggested we visit the Varsity hotel rooftop bar/restaurant which again we were very impressed by. We spent the day exploring and enjoying the sights and punting down the river which was definitely worth doing.We had booked with their recommended taxi driver, Carl who was fantastic and charged us only £25 to bring us back after midnight when most others were asking for £45+. I had noticed that on the guest house' website they recommended the shoe restaurant in the area so we booked for the afternoon and headed down to the nature reserve in little paxton, a short drive away. It was absolutely beautiful and we had the most lovely and relaxing walk around before having a fantastic carvery at the shoe which I would recommend .We couldn't have made a better choice for money and experience and thank Fleur and Paul for making it so pleasant and providing a memorable experience which we are sure to come back for in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed over last Saturday evening with my sister as visiting our dad for a Father's Day meal. We dined at The Horseshoe, Offord which was also *****5 star, service exceptional. Fleur and Paul the bnb owners are just such a beautiful, warm, friendly and accommodating couple. The breakfast was the best I've eaten in a long while (bacon was really good) and we sat down at 9am giving us a lay in and time to gain an appetite. These people need to show off their given talent for hospitality. They make it look too easy... they could be bnb inspectors!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed over at this B and B for a week as I was here on business. Pulled up to the site with no real expectations as I had booked online. I was greeted with a smile by the lovely fleur who throughout my stay, endeavoured to be as helpful and pleasant as one would wish.

The room was immaculately tidy and very nicely decorated, and it also had a modern ensuite with a shower with a nice big head , lovely!!

Breakfast was good, no small portions here, in fact I had to ask for a smaller breakfast otherwise I would have been returning home probably a stone heavier...coffee and juice on tap too which was nice.

Ide happily stay here again ,especially as the prices reflected fantastic value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I am so over the moon that we stumbled across this B&B! The rooms are lovely, fresh scones and cups of tea greeted us upon our arrival and the owner Fleur really does go the extra mile to welcome you! Our whole experience was wonderful and we would definitely be staying here next time we are in the area. Fleur was able to give expert knowledge of the surrounding area and help us make the most out of our weekend. What's more is I was worried about the checkout time of 10am as I was racing in a triathlon in the morning but when we returned following the race Fleur even made us eggs on toast to help us celebrate! The hostess with the mostess! Furthermore our room was clean, cosy, comfortable with a recently refurbished stylish en-suite, we wanted for nothing!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

About 30 mins before my arrival I received a text from Fleur (the owner) asking if I'd like a chicken dinner. OMGoodness was that welcome. B&B don't as a rule provide evening meals and yet Fleur was happy to do this and I am grateful that she did. My room was very comfortable. Bathroom was spotless with everything working as it should. Overall amazing value, and great service. Thanks Fleur, I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Dorset, UK
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I can confirm what so many others have written before. This is a top rate B and B. My bedroom, although small, was very comfortable with an excellent bathroom and wonderful soft towels. Downstairs there was a well equipped kitchen and sitting room where I enjoyed a delicious take-away casserole dinner provided from a local firm and recommended by my hostess at incredible value. I strongly recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
#4 of 9 in Huntingdon
The Dolphin
The Dolphin
#3 of 4 in St Ives

Been to The Whitehouse Guesthouse? Share your experiences!