“Friendly stay near papworth”

The Whitehouse Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 3 St Neots B&B and Inns
Yeovil
“Friendly stay near papworth”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this as it was close, convenient and reasonably priced for Papworth hospital where I had to drop someone for an overnight stay. This is almost a straight line from there
After a moment of not being sure where I was going and locating them, I was shown to my room, shown the well stocked kitchen and lounging areas, given the wifi key, asked what time I wanted breakfast and what I wanted and signed in.
The room was a reasonable size with two beds pushed together, the small bathroom was clean and functional, there was a television in the room, if you didn't want to sit in the lounge.
The kitchen is just like using your own kitchen, you can make teas/coffees, grab a bun, have some toast, and you are left to it. Slept well, although the bed wasn't the most comfortable in the world and being near the road there was a bit of road noise (I always carry earplugs when travelling).
In the morning, came out and the kitchen table was setup ready with serials / etc. Shortly after that my full english breakfast turned up, and it was great - there was more than I could eat. Afterwards chatted with the other guests and was given a lot of advice about the best places to park and see in cambridge from the very friendly hosts.
I normally avoid B&Bs, as I don't really want the interaction in a hotel, but this was definitely the exception to the rule, wouldn't hesitate going back there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Impeccably clean. Lovely modern double room with a beautiful en suit. The beds were very comfy. Slept very well. There is a fully equipped kitchen there for use and a dining space with a large comfy sofa and television. There is also a separate lounge area next door with a television also. The owners Fflur and Paul were brilliant! They were always so helpful, happy, and full of information about St. Neots and Cambridge and informed me of the best places to visit. It made my stay even more enjoyable. Highly recommend this guest house. Will be returning for another adventure of Cambridge and St. Neots very soon. Thank you Fflur and Paul!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Torfaen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 4 for a weekend, the rooms were lovely, immaculate, the breakfast superb! The owners Fleur and Paul were very friendly and helpful, gave us lots of information on the area and on getting into London. St Neots is lovely, as is Cambridge. The facilities were excellent, lounge area to relax in and the kitchen fully stocked for guests to help themselves to drinks and food after a long day out! Could not fault a single thing about our stay, best B & B we have ever stayed at and we cannot wait to return in the near future, thanks Paul and Fleur for a wonderful stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked a room on the pretence that I'd get an en suite room. The bedroom I got had a separate tolilet that someone else could use and no shower or bath:-(
The only shower was upstairs shared by all guests - not good is it !!

Generally the place was OK but too open and noisy. The road outside was noisy too which I note another guest had mentioned.
Cheap and cheerful but I suppose you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Forest4ever7980
Fleur B, Owner at The Whitehouse Guesthouse, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Hello and thank you for your review and we will take your comments on board.. Your booking was taken through our own web site and It clearly states that Room 1 has a shared bathroom.This is the description directly from the web site.
Whitehouse Cottage Room 1 Downstairs Twin/Super-king with shared bathroom - Single Occupancy- Breakfast inc. If you would have mentioned that your were looking for a en-suite room when you booked in we could have tried to accommodate this request for you. Our establishment is a bed and breakfast and not a Hotel and due to the age of the property there is no sound proofing to party walls.

Room 1 has double glazing but we are on the B1043 between St Neots and Huntingdon. This again is stated on our website. We have had numerous guests request this room due to the size of the room and location. On the night you stayed we had another four guests staying and i apologise if these guests spoiled your stay.

The Whitehouse Cottage was purchased by us in February 2012 and is a on going project. Room 1 will be having a en-suite fitted mid January 2014. I'm sorry you did not have pleasant stay and if you choose to stay with us again, we will ensure that you have a en-suite room away from the main road.

Paul and Fleur Bateman (owners)
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

There is a well stocked kitchen with a fridge full of food, a washing machine, dryer, and lounge with TV all for communal use. The room was spacious and clean with its own tv, and the en suite was very good. The shower had one of those large rain heads, so I enjoyed my shower very much.
Paul was very welcoming and cooked a top notch breakfast.
All in all a very enjoyable night, and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jonny S
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at the Whitehouse for 4 nights during a business trip. The owners, Paul and Fleur were really welcoming and made every effort to make the stay an enjoyable one. The accommodation at the Whitehouse has a range of options and prices to suite all. I chose a room with an ensuite bathroom and shared kitchen/diner. This is very clever and means that you can stay at a B&B but have the option to self cater for meals in the evening. Each day started with a great breakfast and a warm welcome. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Whitehouse as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I have not stayed in the main part of the guest house, but an extension on the side which has a numb...