“Rude and slow service, but nice food.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 79 Restaurants in St Neots
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The White Horse is a 13th Century Coaching Inn, that offers visitors and neighbours everything from simple bar snacks to fresh homemade cuisine as well as a good selection of wines and ales, and not to mention our delicious Sunday Carvery. The White Horse is a great place to enjoy the evenings and weekends with friends and family.
Bedford
“Rude and slow service, but nice food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The theme of this review is "slowwww service".
We were ignored by the staff milling around when we arrived, so we waited at the bar for 5 mins to ask about getting a table to eat, then another 5 to order food and drinks at the bar (two shandies, a fish finger sandwich, BBQ burger, extra chips and onion rings = £30, not bad value), where we were told it would take 30 mins for the burger. This wasn't a problem as we we weren't in a hurry, but then we sat for 55 mins with no explanation, we even resorted to finding the staff back at the bar to ask where our food was. No apology was given, we were told by a server "well we did say when you ordered it would be half an hour and it is only 40 mins (not according to our receipt which showed around an hour...) and also we couldn't find your table (in your pub? We're not that small!) ". The staff's attitude was rude, abrupt and unapologetic, unfortunately we had already paid, otherwise we would've walked out. The saving grace was that our food tasted good, simple pub grub done well, not greasy and definitely not stingy with the portion sizes. Not enough to return though.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank jessica-and-thomas

St Neots, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal Booking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Appalling. I phoned and booked a table a week in advance for a Sunday evening to celebrate my wife's birthday. We returned home on the evening of her birthday to an answering machine message that they don't take bookings for 8pm on Sundays and there had been a mistake. It appeared to take them a full week to realise this and only let me know a couple of hours beforehand!! Thankfuly, another local Restaurant was able to save my wife's birthday evening. No effort at compensation for the massive inconvenience, this is no way to build up a business.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jez H
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“In need of TLC”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Visited this restaurant looking forward to a nice evening. WRONG! Almost half of the manu was "not available", with other items limited. Having chosen from the menu, I decided to move the glasses away from the table to give more space. The glasses were stuck to the table. The table although appearing clean, was very sticky. The restaurant appeared to be in need of a deep clean.
The waiter appeared to be untrained, as he had to check everything. Food was OK , however there was no atmosphere in the pub.
Back in the car park there was no car park lighting on.
Would I go again? I don't think so.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2012today
“good food but uncomfortable seating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

the carvery is great but the dining area is very uncomfortable so I couldnt wait to finish my lovely food so that we could go back into the bar area and sit in comfort. I would have given an Very Good rating if it wasnt for the lumpy hard seats!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank nandm71
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent food friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I came to the white horse with 3 other of my friends on Thursday night and I have to say it was all very appealing and a nice warm environment. We came to this pub in May this year and was not very pleased however we tried again and was very pleased food was amazing looked and tasted a lot better for food I would recommend as one of the best in the area service was quick and staff were polite overall a great experience very happy the pub has come a long way

• Visited October 2013