“Superb golf break”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Neots
Abbotsley Golf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in St Neots
Reviewed 24 September 2013

15 of us stayed at this hotel and golf course resort and as a group we all found this to be fantastic value and located in amazing surroundings it was well worth the stay. We arrived for 3days and 2nights and we're welcomed by the reception staff who were very friendly as we're all the staff especially Samantha and Emma who made sure we were well looked after at breakfast and evening meal time.The food was varied and top quality and a wide choice of breakfast options and starters,mains and desserts in the evening.The rooms were clean and spacious with a freeview tv and although some of us were in the annexe overlooking the putting green the other rooms around the complex were also very nice and all with tea and coffee facilities . Having read some of the reviews before we went I can say that I would be happy to go back as it was a pleasure. The golf courses are good and well maintained and yet the Cromwell course had spiked greens which was a bit rough but everyone had to deal with this. The abbotsbury course while a challenging course was better looked after and it showed ..let's not talk about scores ha ha..3 lovely walks though...go and enjoy..

Room Tip: Get in the annexe area around the putting green ...room 009 is superb
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul1136
Tony P, General Manager at Abbotsley Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hi Paul, thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure having you all here and we look forward to seeing you all back soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

As a change to our usual venue it was decided to try this course and myself and a couple of friends who have long distances to travel stayed over. Rooms were quite basic but spotlessly clean and more than adequate. Golf course was very good indeed and worth a visit for that alone.
Evening meal was OK and breakfast was lovely. Give it a try!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Being unable to find accommodation in Bedford I looked further afield and came across Abbotsley Golf Hotel which had good/reasonable reviews at a decent price.
It is a little out of the way (you definitely need a car) and approx 20 minutes from Bedford.
I arrived at 6:20pm and check in was friendly and efficient. I was warned there were a couple of large golfing parties in and they would be dining at 7:30. I was also told that the menu changes at 6:30 from bar meals to a la carte - I dumped my bags in my room and made immediately to the bar. I ordered the home made burger (£10) and a pint from a good selection of beers - one hand pump (Abbots Ale). The meal arrived in less than 10 minutes and was excellent. Home made chips and the burger was indeed home made - coarse ground beef cooked perfectly.
After another pint I went to my room which was one of several in an outbuilding surrounding a small putting green.
The room was of good size, clean, with en suite (shower only) and noisy extractor fan. Television reception was excellent with the usual array of channels. The bed was extremely comfortable and gave me the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. This was helped by the quietness of the place.
Breakfast on a Sunday starts at 8am and needing to be back in Bedford early went to the airy dining room (more like a conservatory) at 7:55 only to find it open and a few people already tucking in - excellent. The breakfast menu is varied and although not partaking of anything cooked myself it did look appetising and was pretty quick in being served up.

All in all a very pleasant stay. Would I stay again - definitely.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms surrounding the small putting green will probably be quieter than those in the m...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KD_Trencherman
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We were in room 17 a room to be avoided as it backs in to the entrance, every time the door slams shut it vibrates the wall the headboard Is attached to. We could not get the tv to work and the phone in the room had no dialtone so could not contact reception easily.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is a golf course hotel primarily serving the golfing community. I stayed there as it was reasonably priced at GBP59 b&b and convenient for my journey to see clients further south. The rooms are ok and the bed I slept in so-so for comfort. Breakfast continued the ho-hum trend with an acceptable cooked offering but the poor mans fruit salad that was only made of apple and pear kind of sums up the stay. Check on evening dining times - luckily I called en route to ask what time the restaurant was open until (2030hrs that night) - as the place is a long way from anywhere for a recently arrived hungry traveler. Friendly reception service and a clean room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Having looked at the reviews of the hotel we were slightly worriied.It was first class from ladies on reception to the bar and restaurant staff.We paid £95 each,dinner was very good,lots of choice,English cooked breakfast lovely just what you need when playing 18 holes of golf,bedroom - clean comfortable beds tea coffee and biscuits hair dryer tv,iron if needed,a view over the golf course,the cromwell was interesting but the abbotsley was worth our jouney from Norfolk.we don't expect 5 star when paying for 3/4 don't be put off by the bad reviews give it a try well worth a visit we will be back

Room Tip: Main hotel Room 41 French doors open on to golf course
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed at the Abbotsley Hotel, Golf & Country Club from 27-30th June as a party of 19. The hotel was very nice, the rooms are a little basic but you’re there to play golf and not laze around a room.

The food was very good indeed and there was a well-stocked, albeit slightly expensive bar. The staff in the hotel and at both clubhouses are very pleasant and efficient, no issue was too much for them to resolve.

The Abbotsley and Cromwell courses offer different challenges. The greens on the both courses aren’t bad at all although it does appear that the bulk of the funding available is spent on the Abbotsley course. The Abbotsley favours the lower handicapper due to the length and tightness of the course. The Cromwell is a little more forgiving but still good fun.

The only thing missing from this great venue is a swimming pool – if this was built then the Abbotsley Hotel would go from a “good place” to visit to a “great place” to visit.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
The Eaton Oak
#2 of 3 in St Neots
Premier Inn St. Neots (Colmworth Park) Hotel
The Whitehouse Guesthouse

Been to Abbotsley Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!