“Historic hotel that's amazing value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rose and Crown Hotel

The Rose and Crown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wisbech
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Historic hotel that's amazing value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel is a gem. Rooms are full of character but still with all the mod cons you need. Hotel used to be a coaching inn and it has been tastefully decorated. Everything is spotlessly clean.Staff cannot do enough for you. We enjoyed all the food in the hotel and this is by far the best place to eat in wisbech. We will definately be returning as we have relatives nearby but would recommend this to anyone. Parking is great and the quality of hotel and service far surpasses it's price tag.Staff even made me a packed lunch at short notice so they really go the extra mile to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are lovely and quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheRoseandCrownHotel, Manager at The Rose and Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Your review is much appreciated and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel on an impromptu visit.

I found the accommodation to be comfortable and the room very clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and helpful and they served me the most delightful afternoon tea that I would strongly recommend.

value was good as was my evening meal. In fact I would say that the food is what sets this hotel apart from other hotels I have used in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yes at The Rose & Crown Hotel you can be assured of good value for money. We do have an excellent Head Chef and a great team in our kitchen who work hard at ensuring that we serve the best food in the area to all our guests and customers. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see again in the near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

On a recent business trip I needed a stay in Wisbech, UK.
After checking on TripAdvisor (honestly, where else!?!?) I found the Rose and Crown, a historical and centrally located Hotel, at a very competitive rate.
To be honest, I didnt expect a huge amount for my money, having had previous bad experience elsewhere.
Well, I was proven wrong! The Rose and Crown is a fabulous hotel, very nice rooms, modern, yet tastefully decorated, and with very welcoming staff, making every guest feel welcome and appreciated.
The restaurant is first class, with a menu to rival many vastly more expensive hotels.
So, if you can, please do stay and experience the Rose and Crown for yourself :-) It's worth it.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main building, especially when it's wet outside....
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many of our guests are business people either doing business in Wisbech or passing through. We pride ourselves on our customer service with good food, welcoming and pleasant accommodation and although the building itself is Grade II Listed all our rooms have modern showers and bathroom facilities which most people demand in all hotels these days.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and please be assured you will get the same good food, excellent service with comfortable accommodation.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here in January while on a business trip to the surrounding area. What I need is a friendly, clean, comfortable and quiet hotel with a restaurant. If possible, I would also like the hotel to have a bar and parking.
I’m pleased to say that this hotel met or exceeded all these requirements. This hotel employs very friendly and courteous staff throughout.
My room (no. 316) was clean and the bed extremely comfortable. As my room was at the back I had an uninspiring view of the back of surrounding buildings but it was therefore quiet and I had a lovely night’s rest (my colleague’s room was at the front and she was woken at 5am by a truck unloading for the market (I think this is 3 days a week) but was not a major issue for her and she was happy with in her comfortable room (no. 313). My en-suite bathroom had a spacious walk in shower and good towels on a heated rail but I was disappointed with the water pressure which was only just adequate. TV was ok but signal broke up at times. Could not get the Wi-Fi signal but had good reception for my phone.
My colleague and I ate in the restaurant, the food was full of flavour and simply excellent and if I was in the area again I would aim to eat there.
As a middle aged, sometimes grumpy, businessman I can be quite fussy but I would not hesitate to stay at the Rose and Crown on business or with my wife on a weekend break.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank junty1960
Leigh Lancs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here last night on business and what a lovely little hotel. Just a pity I didn't have more time to explore the hotel more. I've stayed at other traditional hotels before and this one beats them all. Warm and friendly greeting at reception. If you have mobility issues, maybe this hotel isn't for you as there is no lift and the hotel has the most interesting period staircase I have ever seen ie its not very level lol. Had a meal in the bar with two coffees last night. Again professional service and top quality food at 21.95 I think ! for three courses.
yes the parking is limited but I parked straight away at Church Terrace and if you have limited luggage its not far away from the hotel
Well done Rose and Crown and this is certainly somewhere I would consider coming to for a leisure visit in the future

Room Tip: Room 303 - very little if any noise from outside from this one
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheRoseandCrownHotel, Manager at The Rose and Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Now that you have discovered this 'gem' I do hope you take time out to come for a leisurely stay.
You have given the hotel an excellent review and I am very happy that you had an enjoyable experience here at The Rose & Crown Hotel. We pride ourselves on our excellent service, great food and a relaxing ambience for busy business people. We do hope to see you again in the future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Convivial hosts for a wedding we attended, this hotel includes some wonderful traditional features including a rickety staircase that is over 400 years old and some great prints and maps. The wedding banquet as held in the Mitre Room, replete with Christmas tree and decorations and it was akin to a scene from Dickens. Parking is tucked away round the back and this hotel is a centrepiece of a charmingly unspoilt town in the Fenland.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BoehmBawerk
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Yes, I recall that special wedding celebration in the Mitre Room and I agree it was like something out of a Dickens novel! The whole day was wonderful with charming bride and groom, lovely family and friends and beautifully well-behaved children. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and to Wisbech.
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

R&C catered for our wedding party in October and we couldn't have been happier with it! Food was amazing and Anne our wedding lady pulled out all the punches with our amazing desert and her attention to detail.....
Everybody raved about the venue with its cute little nooks and crannies. A true gem hidden away in Wisbech. We have eaten here on many occasion and never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite rocks! We booked the whole hotel out with our guests and not one person was disappoi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheRoseandCrownHotel, Manager at The Rose and Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
It was a real pleasure to cater for your wedding and a fabulous time was had by all your guests. We did receive great feedback from the guests who stayed and we are delighted that everyone enjoyed your special day. As you know we pull out all the stops for couples on what most couples say is "the most important day of their lives" and nothing is too much trouble for us to ensure that both you and your guests take away happy memories of your wedding day.

Hope you are both enjoying married life and hope to see you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisbech
Elme Hall Hotel
The Dukes Head Hotel
The Dukes Head Hotel
#7 of 15 in King's Lynn
Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa

Been to The Rose and Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!