We booked this place up in January for our first wedding anniversary 9-11th august 2013. It was a really lovely, friendly and pleasant stay.
The rooms were very clean and the staff very helpful.
We had booked a table at Gusto for the 10th which wasn't far up the road. We ventured to the Trafford centre on the Saturday which wasn't far at all and was a really nice place to shop, much better and less busy than some of these other shopping centres like the bullring Birmingham.
Taxi fair very cheap £3/4 to get to the village. We had a lovely meal at gusto and moved on to the bubble room which is a celebrity hangout. My husband is a big football supporter and autograph collector so he was in his element when he met two players. The food at the lodge was very nice and prices very reasonable, continental breakfast was nice and plenty of choice. The only down side I would say is the beds, they are only double and just not big enough for two people, well I think not anyway. The towels were changed on the first day. My husband has arranged for the hotel staff to order me some flowers for our anniversary and they was very happy to do so. We will definitely be back here again. The area its self is lovely, just a short drive to the village and u can venture around some of the lanes and have a nosey at some of the houses/mansions. Cost us £152 for 2 nights with breakfast. very reasonable I think, a cheap place to stay in a very posh area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between Wilmslow and picturesque Alderley Edge, this elegant lodge gives you all the charm of a country hotel only 12 miles from Manchester.Dating back to the 1880s and dripping with original features and luxurious touches, it's amongst some of the most characterful accommodation in Cheshire. In fact, it was once one of the grandest private residences in wealthy Alderley Edge. Today it offers 10 comfy, modern rooms and a cosy pub and restaurant, where you can savour fresh, seasonal food in the warmth of a crackling open fire.Alderley Edge may boast the highest number of millionaires per square mile in the country, but there's much more to this pretty village than star watching. It's built upon a sandstone escarpment that overlooks the Cheshire Plain, where walkers will find many picturesque routes criss-crossing its beautiful scenery. The National Trust's Quarry Bank Mill and stylish Knutsford are also well worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Alderley Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Merlin Hotel Alderley Edge
- Innkeeper's Lodge Alderley Edge Cheshire