“What an amazing place!”

and 1 more site!
Wizards Thatch at Alderley Edge
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place is extraordinary, surely no other accommodation can offer what this place can. We absolutely loved our stay - we stayed in the Wizardry. The owners were a joy to deal with, thank you - we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola P

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The most enchanting place we have ever stayed. From the minute we stepped inside the door it was like being in a surreal place. I'd seen Wizard's Thatch on Four in a Bed and kept looking at the website online but it's truly exceeds your expectations and is like stepping into a different world. We ate at Alderley Edge Hotel, which is just a short walk away from Wizard's Thatch and had drinks at the Bubble Room in the town. Also did a short walk to The Edge but, to be honest, it was hard leaving the quaint little house at all and we only finally left it around 5 minutes before we actually had to depart. I originally wrote 'a night at Wizard's Thatch' at the bottom of a shopping list in the hope that my husband would take the hint and book it. So glad he did and would love to come again. Just daren't tell too many people as it's so magical and sure it will be booked up 365 days a year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 198Julia007
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've stayed in numerous hotels for business and pleasure and this was certainly a very different experience. Once you close the door you almost feel cocooned within and it's easy to forget the world outside. Excellent facilities at hand, it's almost a shame to have to venture outside for food! And when you do you have the lovely village of Alderley Edge within a couple of minutes walk. I shall definitely be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CIM4
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We went here for one night as my children booked it as a surprise and a break for us from hospital trips for 3 years with our son. We arrived and were shown to the Merlin suite. It was romantic and enchanting. We were going to go out for a drink but decided it was too nice to leave even for an hour! We met Ian the owner and he was lovely and the housekeeper sue was so helpful. We are planning to stay again but for two nights. It is a lovely place and feels like your in a secret hidey-hole away from real life

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I booked a night in the Wizardry suite as a surprise for my partner on our second anniversary, but I was so in love with the place just from the pictures that I couldn't keep it a secret. Needless to say that neither of us were disappointed. On arrival it took some convincing for my partner to believe that the tree with a roof poking out of it was in fact our destination. From the outside the Wizards Thatch looks like something that has always been there, firmly rooted in the ground and it really is such a refreshing change from all the other places I have stayed. It really is perfectly located in the rather wonderful little village of Alderley Edge.
Ian, the owner, was a star and was happy to take the time to show us around, explaining the building's many quirks along the way. He is clearly very proud of the place and rightly so.
The Wizardry is packed to the rafters with countless types of memorabilia and I spent quite some time slowly working my way around trying to take it all in. We had plans for dinner but cancelled them because leaving this amazing place for an hour or two would seem like a waste.
It's clear that a lot of love and thought has been poured into the Wizards Thatch, from the cleverly designed bathroom disguised as a cupboard to the complementary ginger cake on the table as we arrived (which, sadly, I was too stuffed to eat!)
We also ordered breakfast and when we arrived found a very generous selection of pastries, bread, jam, butter, yoghurt, fruit, ham and cheese. There was even a pint of milk, and a full kettle ready and waiting with a nice selection of tea and coffee. Couldn't ask for much more really!
It's safe to say that the Wizards Thatch now sits firmly at the top of my favourite places to be. I will certainly be returning again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Unfortunately I only spent one night in my Merlin Suite. From the outside it looks like an organism,the little house is hidden completely covered by a plant shell. When entering the house, after a warm welcome by the landlord, the visitor is being sent on a time travel. One disconnects from the outside world, by discovering all the details of the room(s). Many details, fresh flowers, a beautiful decoration and a view into an enchanted garden make this house an extraordinary place, where one can relax and forget about every day life. If I had the chance, I would like to come back with my husband, because the guided tour with Skype cannot substitute the real experience of this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerstin H
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I took my husband to Wizard's Thatch for his birthday/our anniversary. I had seen it on 4 in a bed and fell in love. Ian couldn't do enough to help, from the breakfast basket to lending us the DVD of the show. I felt like I'd stepped into another world; a mixture of Harry Potter and a fairytale. The bed was sheer luxury and we had a fabulous time. Relaxing, more books that I could read in a lifetime, a real romantic getaway. Thank you so much, and I hope he returns the favour!!

BTW Walking around Alderley Edge is fantastic too. Well worth it, and drop in for a pint at The Wizard on the way back to the car.

Room Tip: All are superb