My wife and I stayed at the wizards thatch for one night as part of her birthday celebrations.
Upon arrival we were greeted by Ian who couldn't have been more helpful. He showed us to our suite(the wizardry) and as it was raining took us a way which was he stated was less drippy. Although that may seem like nothing, it made me feel the our well being was of his upmost importance from the word go!
Entering the wizardry through a low door we were shown through all the lighting arrangements and amenities the suite had to offer. Ian was also very knowledgable on alderley edge itself telling us about the local restaurants and attractions.
When Ian left and we began to explore the Suite. The sheer depth and history of the place was amazing. There are some extrordinary antique pieces in there.
The downstairs sitting area was lovely and cosy and great for relaxing. There's something about the place that just strips away the speed and madness of normal life and envelops you in peace.
Upstairs there are 2 rooms, one single/dressing area and one double with separate bath and separate w/c rooms. The double housing an enormous 4 poster bed which is the comfiest bed I've ever splept on.
Although Ian did give us a lot information regarding Alderley Edge we just didn't want to leave the property. We got a take away delivered and spent the evening soaking up the lovely romantic atomosphere the suite offers
All in all a magical stay that I would happily recommend to others and gladly return for another visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wizards Thatch has three self contained luxurious 5 star suites filled with sumptuous leather furniture & antique prints, created in a centuries old thatched property. Less than a minute from the centre of Alderley Edge - famous for its celebrity restaurants and National Trust countryside. This family run establishment boasts some of the largest and most comfortable four poster beds in Cheshire, draped in red and gold tapestries. Less than 5 miles from Manchester Airport. All suites have free WiFi Internet access and are serviced daily. Described as "the most romantic place to stay in all of England". The Wizardry, Camelot and Merlin Suites are totally individual where you can totally relax and let the centuries old aura cast its spell on you - as one guest put it "This should be a well guarded secret." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Wizards Thatch at Alderley Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wizards Thatch Hotel Alderley Edge
- Wizards Thatch At Alderley Edge Cheshire