We stayed in The Wizardry for our honeymoon for 4 nights, it was magical from the moment we arrived to the moment we left.
There is everything you need to have a relaxing & romantic break. The quality of the bedding, towels and all those extras touches make it the perfect stay. We didn't want to get up in the morning, it was so nice to just have breakfast in bed & not have to rush. We did go into the village one morning and have breakfast in the Village cafe which is superb value for money & excellent quality and service.
The Wizardry is full of amazing items and Ian clearly takes pride and knows every item & it's history in there, we were fascinated listening to the stories behind them & could of listened for hours.
There are beautiful walks just up the road and again through the woods there is a lot of stories to be told that are fascinating to listen too.
This was our second visit to this beautiful place and we will certainly be returning for a 3rd.
Our first was whilst filing 'four in a bed' as contestants. We have remained good friends with Ian & Ali and we were honoured to have them join us at our wedding to celebrate and then to return here with no manipulation from crew or filming so we could really appreciate what it is Wizards Thatch has to offer & we loved every minute of our stay. Thank you Ian for taking the time to tell us more about the history wizards thatch.
This is the most romantic place in England.
Thank you Ian & Ali we look forward to seeing you both soon.
Love Nick & Andrea :-)
Northrise Lodge B&B Hastings xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wizards Thatch has three self contained luxurious 5 star suites filled with sumptuous leather furniture & antique prints, created in a centuries old thatched property. Less than a minute from the centre of Alderley Edge - famous for its celebrity restaurants and National Trust countryside. This family run establishment boasts some of the largest and most comfortable four poster beds in Cheshire, draped in red and gold tapestries. Less than 5 miles from Manchester Airport. All suites have free WiFi Internet access and are serviced daily. Described as "the most romantic place to stay in all of England". The Wizardry, Camelot and Merlin Suites are totally individual where you can totally relax and let the centuries old aura cast its spell on you - as one guest put it "This should be a well guarded secret." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo and LateRooms so you can book your Wizards Thatch at Alderley Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wizards Thatch Hotel Alderley Edge
- Wizards Thatch At Alderley Edge Cheshire