“A amazingly unique place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wizards Thatch at Alderley Edge

Wizards Thatch at Alderley Edge
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A amazingly unique place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the wizards thatch, a truly unique place to stay and a great location.
Ian was so friendly and welcoming.
We will be Recommending to friends and family and we will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family began our England trip by staying at this wonderful, lovingly restored ancient inn. Ian and his family have spared no details in recreating a place to step back to another time while including modern conveniences. The decorating is amazing, the books and antiques full of history.The cottage is a stones throw from great cafes and restaurants and a very short hop to Wizards Pub...from the 1600's. Ian's tips on local travel were perfect. Down the road a piece find the mystical walking trails of Alderley Edge. An experience not to be missed, individually, as a couple, or with your family. Clearly, for us..one of the top three Inns we have stayed in on either side of the pond. I would love to visit for a Christmas Season sometime in the future! Continued success Ian !

Room Tip: Check out the photos on the Wizards Thatch site...all the rooms are fabulous!
Thank Lisa Jane Macie... G
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

It's probably WizardsThatch owner Ian Lambert welcoming you to this magical accommodation.

At first it appears as if you are walking through the very heart of a tree but then a 400 year old cottage appears. The clank of an old shop doorbell rings and you are presented with a large room which was described by my 8yr old son as the cosiest place he has ever seen. The room, in fact the whole house - for that's what it is, is an assault on the senses with twists and turns, corners and walls, adorned with carefully collected and interesting 'old stuff'. The fourposter bed is sumptious, the bathroom and facilities are well appointed and throughout the quality of the fittings is excellent.

This is the home you always dreamed of, away from home and relaxation comes easy. This place is highly recommended - but dont be surprised if you open a cupboard and a spell pops out - this is just the way things are done in the world of the Wizard's Thatch!

Room Tip: the uneven stairs and surfaces are part of the charm - just dont dash around or you might come a cro...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We loved it here.
Lots of character .
One if my favourite all time hotels.and we have stated in many amazing places .
No breakfast is my only criticism.
Wow what a treat.
Great location.
Free parking.
Love it well done.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alsager, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Wizards Thatch to celebrate our 1st anniversary on 19th. July. This place is just stunning and the attention to detail amazing. We stayed in the Camelot suite and particularly liked the fabulous four poster bed. We felt that it would be a waste to stay there and not spend the maximum time possible in the accommodation. We decided to lunch in town and then stay in all evening. Breakfast is not supplied as standard but there are a selection of cafés and restaurants within a 2 minute walk.
Ian is very friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. We went for a walk along The Edge Sunday afternoon before leaving. We will definitely be returning and may try one of the other suites next time.

Room Tip: The Camelot suite
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Ellesmere Port, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I know I have said it before and I am certain I will say it again but this is a most magical place to stay. I urge you to try this place if you love the different and want something other than the bland sameness of the chain hotels, you will not be disappointed. We have stayed a number of times and will stay whenever we have the chance again. Sincerely I cannot recommend the Wizards Thatch highly enough, you will go a long way to find anywhere close to it's magic. Try it, you will not be disappointed, I promise you.

Sleep Quality
1 Thank Steve W
dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just had my 4th stay at Wizards Thatch. It has now become my favourite place to stay when flying into Manchester Airport. It is 12 minutes drive from Manchester Airport. I stay in The Wizardry which has 2 bedrooms. The double bedroom is perfect for me and the single bedroom for my teenage daughter. My daughter goes to boarding school in England so I fly into Manchester airport, collect her from school and stay at The Wizards Thatch. She loves it. It also helps that the most amazing bakery is a 2 minute walk away - G. Weinholt. It is open for a few days only at the weekend. It is lovely to get croissants and pastries from there in the morning.
(House keeping is excellent too. My daughter lost her ring and we hunted high and low for it. House keeping found it and sent me an email to say so. I'll collect it next time I'm back).

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderley Edge
Bagshaw Hall
Bagshaw Hall
#3 of 7 in Bakewell
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Wizards Thatch at Alderley Edge? Share your experiences!