“Hit and miss”

Loch Fyne
Price range: US$42 - US$77
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Hit and miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was the second time that I have been to this restaurant, the atmosphere and service was really good but unfortunatly the food wasnt so great. Its a shame because it has the potential to be really good :(

• Visited March 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fresh seafood. Satisfied.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I had dinner on a Saturday at 6pm. The staff (3 persons standing in different spots) all greeted us with nice smiles. We had lobster bisque as a starter, it was delicious. We shared Fruit of the Loch consisting one lobster, 6 raw oysters, several king prawns and several langoustines. All was fresh. We also ordered chips and seafood medley as side dishes. The medley was really good value. It cost £3.95, consisted of 2 scallops, a king prawn, and mussels. Very tasty. We had apple tart and sticky pudding as desserts. The sticky pudding was nice, it wasn't sickly (not too sweet). We were very satisfied and will return, We want to try the set menu, looks like a good value.

• Visited March 2014
Ireland, West Virginia
“if you like seafood ... can't beat this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

fantastic seafood, wonderful service, cosy setting, really nice restaurant, my husband stumbled across this place the week before valentines & as a result booked us a table for lunch on valentines day. It was a great find, I have to say my starter was amazing I had the garlic prawns and I could have eaten them again .. beautiful I felt like I was in spain they were delicious, I also had the King Prawn curry which was very tasty I cleaned the plate .. it was all amazing
we will be back !

• Visited February 2014
Crewe, United Kingdom
“GOOD VALUE, GREAT FOOD, POOR SERVICE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We arrived for a Saturday lunch three adults and two fairly young children. The restaurant was half full at most. We were seated on a large table to the rear of the restaurant. We waited a considerable time to order. The menu is varied and the choice of children's meals was above average. We then had a long wait for the adults starters to arrive and the children's meals, the food was good, chicken parfait starter and an Aberdeen Angus burger for one child, and sausage and chips with beans for the other. Both were generous portions( 4 sausages). The adult meals were delicious too. The dessert arrived quickly because I specified that it must, as were now late for another appointment. The staff were cheerful and helpful and I feel that the kitchen was holding up the food, not the serving staff.
I think the management needs to realise that parties with small children cannot be expected to endure long waits as children do get bored. There was really no need for the service to be so slow as the restaurant was only half full. If they cannot cope in the kitchen with a half full restaurant then what must the waiting time be if they are full?
I would go there again as the food and the value were good, but I would need some sort of assurance that if there were small children in the party we would receive a more timely service.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Janice M
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had lunch here with my partner and we really enjoyed the experience. The waiters/waitresses were knowledgeable and very polite. We went for the 2 course set menu (starter and main) and were not disappointed- would definitely recommend the chicken parfait - yum!! General atmosphere and decor was great. We would happily return and found the price reasonable for what we experienced.

• Visited January 2014