“Posh stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Alderley Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alderley Edge
“Posh stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

A very delightful stay, it is surrounded by posh and beautiful houses, woods and a charming village.

The service was excellent, food very good, walking distance to shops and great restaurants. I want to especially thank Aimee and the Hanna(s) for making me feel welcome and, at home, while I was away.

The Wi-Fi in the room could be improved.

I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cheadle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I got married here on 8th June 2013, and from our first visit to the hotel to the big day itself, the whole experience was fantastic. The hotel is lovely, as are the staff - and the food is not to be missed. If you're looking for a Cheshire-based venue for 50-100 guests I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Delamere, one of the bridal suites, is gorgeous, as is the cottage close to the Laurent-Perrier suit...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leejdj
hull
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

stayed here two nights for a friends wedding, the wedding was perfect and the surroundings are lovely but i was surprised how small the bedroom was for the price, also the tv was very tiny and difficult to see.

breakfast was ok,

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brize Norton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was a business trip and for the money I had to pay (£140) I have to say it was very disappointing. In my opinion the hotel is stuck in the 90's. While most of the staff were very friendly and help the overall service provide by the hotel is not up to standard for the price. The room I stay in (room 13 of the ground floor) was very small and tacky, although it was clean.

I will not be staying here again as it is not good value......... If this was a sub £70/night hotel I would not be writing this feedback.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed here for just one night whilst up on a photo shoot for a local Pilates Studio - this was their recommended hotel for guests and I can see why. What a lovely place. Polite and helpful staff, great breakfast and really comfortable rooms. Mine seemed to have been recently refurbished, and the bathroom was beautifully tiled and decorated. Super shower too (the measure of a good hotel in my opinion).

The only thing that lets it down is the paper thin walls ... I could hear people upstairs walking around and in the loo at various times throughout the night, so my trusty ear plugs were needed at about 2am, to ensure I could get back to sleep.

Apart from that, a really good choice in a lovely part of the world !

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel by accident as we were having work done on the house and could not stay there. As Alderley Edge must be one of my favourite places I wasn't complaining.
The location for the village is great, just an easy short walk even in the highest of heels.

Check in was quick and very efficient the staff were friendly and knowledgable about the area. We got a very good price on the internet which was much lower than the rack rates displayed and at the weekend all rates include Breakfast.

The rooms were a little on the small side but I believe the 'named' rooms are considerably larger. All rooms have a great view of the Cheshire Plains or the village and beyond Manchester.

All staff were very helpful throughout the weekend. The only reason for the 4 star rather than 5 star review was Breakfast service. The food choice itself was great and tasted amazing. But the staff were clearly not trained or just not bothered. We were seated and not offered coffee etc... for around 10 minutes which then took a further 20 to turn up. As things ran out on the continental buffet it was not replenished and staff did not service check the table and so it was very difficult to get anything at all. If it had not been included in the price I would not have paid.

Just to note for all you girlies travelling there is no conditioner in the rooms and none available from reception.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here with our 11 month old in March 2013. The hotel was lovely, breakfast was great, room was prefect. Room service menu not so great. i ordered a ham sandwich which was basically 1 slice of toast with a few slices of ham and salad on the side? I could of just nipped to the local co-op and got more for my money. Another downside was we brought our pushchair with us to use. So the only problem was stairs and the lift didn't go all the way up to our floor to our room?! So at first we carried it up 2 flights of stairs, which wasn't practical. In the end we left it in the car but still this wasn't great for us. Carrying made daughter around all the time as she's not walking yet. The receptionist wasn't able to change our room either, even though on booking the room they was made aware we had a young baby. As we have family that live next to the hotel it's practical for us to stay here, I'm just hoping when we visit again we don't have this problem.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
The Wilmslow Lodge
The Wilmslow Lodge
#3 of 5 in Wilmslow
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Alderley Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!