“Comfortable well maintained hotel with excellent breakfast.”

Alderley Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alderley Edge
Bicester, United Kingdom
“Comfortable well maintained hotel with excellent breakfast.”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed on a special rate for a large family party. The room was compact, the bed very comfortable, and the bathroom well-appointed. The food during the evening function was very good quality. The breakfast was excellent, with a great deal of choice, freshly cooked to order. I had kippers presented in a delicious mustard sauce. Very tasty. A relaxing stay, friendly & helpful staff. A good quality hotel.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely six night stay in a great room (Tabley). I travel for business and this hotel is refreshing as it is not a chain.

The staff are very welcoming and remember your preferences each morning for breakfast. Service was really good and breakfast is fabulous.

If you're a business traveller I recommend the larger rooms as they have bigger desks / dressing tables. I was very pleased with my room during this stay.

Room service is amazing - I probably put on a stone...

I look forward to staying with you again soon no doubt.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kricho
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I treated the the family to Boxing Day Dinner at The Alderley Edge Hotel, the best value for money fine dining experience in the NW. From the welcome, excellent food and service from all the staff. The River Cafe at Lowry and Harvey Nicholl's restaurant and Manchester House need to work harder to match the whole experience of the Alderley Edge Hotel. Absolutely outstanding from start to finish. Many Thanks to all the staff for making the meal such a special experience, we will definitely be returning.

If you are looking to treat the family or have that special occasion, The Alderley will not disappoint on any level. Many Thanks to Jamie, Paul and all the staff , excellant all round.

Gavin, Julie

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in are excellent but for that special occasion request ''The Ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gavin K
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have just returned from a stay at the Alderley Edge Hotel. I booked the hotel as a suprise to my partner as I was going to propose. When I mentioned this to the hotel they went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Including a free upgrade to the Delamere suite which was spotless , spacious and had everything you would need , also I booked a table in the restaraunt as I had read a number of reviews stating how good it was and we were not dissapointed beautiful food and excellent service . And when I asked if I could change my dining time from when I originally booked they even made that possible which we were both really grateful for as this was one of the busiest nights of the year.
I would also like to mention how nice the breakfast was because a previous review said it was extautinate . For me and my partner
We both agreed for the choice and quality of food it was well worth it plus the fact it's silver service . Not a buffet !!!!
I would also like to add how efficient the room service was the few times we ordered it was no problem and delivered in minutes .
Finally a personal thanks to the Bar staff for there friendly service and warmth for our special occasion.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night last weekend with my husband. Location is fab, 2 min walk into alderley edge. Our room was amazing, staff were excellent! The guy behind the bar was great and organised us a taxi to the restaurant(it's up a very steep hill so don't even think about going down it in heels)- although going up after a few wines was fine! The breakfast the next morning was stunning,huge choice and beautifully cooked! 5 stars across the board!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nickypudsley
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Away on biz and really happy with this place. Staff are excellent, attentive and friendly. Good really decent and my (upgraded) room is lovely.

Only criticism would be the shabby decor in the quieter and less used parts of the hotel on the ground floor but overall, really good.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were in the area for a party. Our double room was small but had what we needed. The bathroom was very dated.
The towel rail is that hot your burn your fingers.
£17 for breakfast per person is outrageous. Cold beans and cold toast. Tea and coffee pots that you can't pick up even with a tissue!
Far too overpriced. Think you are paying for the name and the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Wilmslow
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Cottons Hotel & Spa
#2 of 9 in Knutsford

Been to Alderley Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!