“Excellent.”

Village Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 September 2014

We had lunch and coffee here today (an absolutely delicious prawn jacket potato) and were really pleasantly surprised by the great food and excellent, friendly service.

It was a sunny afternoon and we spent an enjoyable while watching the world (and the lovely cars) go by.

This café/restaurant gets our vote.

Reviewed 10 September 2014

It's a high street cafe,it's not pretending to be anything else..I've read the negative reviews and each to there own,but my experience was very good.
My boyfriend had a full English and I had a toastie,I chose 3fillings and asked for a 4th on the side(Turkish sausage(sucuk) they did this with no problems.
The food was cooked well and served hot.
A little bit pricey but I expected that in a affluent area like Alderney edge.
If I could say 1 thing negative it would be that the tea/coffee should be included in the price of the breakfast..my review ,my opinion.
All in all very nice place ,I am sure they will be in business for a long time if they continue doing what they are doing now.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

It was our first time visiting Alderley Edge and had heard good comments about this café. The first negative impression was when we were approaching. The staff did not looked impressed that amongst our family party were two prams as we had young babies (5 month old and 5 day old) They didn't particularly go out of the way to seat us well and frankly looked annoyed with us having the babies there.
The menu wasn't what I would call special (a little over price if anything) salads, sandwiches a few hot meals. My husband ordered a scone with cream and jam and was disappointed to have a scone with a tacky sachet of apricot jam and some squirty cream on the side. I had a tuna salad which was tasty but as it was tinned tuna I could have made it at home any day of the week....in fact I didn't get to finish my salad as the waiter removed it before I had finished.
the other family members had a prawn salad and a Panini again alright but nothing to write home about.
When paying for the bill they tried to charge me £45 for lunch when I said this was wrong and got them to retotal it came to £29.
If returning to Alderley Edge I wouldn't crave to come back here.

4  Thank Laura G
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

A great unpretentious independent cafe with superb service. Often busy as very popular. Food is simple but great portions and tasty. Friendly efficient staff with owner often on site ensuring good quality.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The best club sandwich in the world. No surprise this busy cafe is hugely popular with the locals. Unpretentious, good value food served with a smile. Oh, and did I mention the club sandwiches?