“Amazing Cocktails and Entertainment”
Review of The Botanist

The Botanist
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great choice of cocktails with a dfference, especially the watering cans and plant pots and a great singer!

1  Thank 988Richmond
in 3 reviews
"lovely place"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Love this place. Very quirky french decor and design, which initially attracted me to go. Food was lovely, espesh the prawn hanging scewers! Great variety of cocktails which look and taste so nice! Staff very friendly too, i think the waiter we had was called John (might be wrong). He was polite, confident and made a couple of recommendations. The only reason i have marked this place down one star is because it is quite pricey.. but defo worth it

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My friends and i went for a birthday drink at the end of May, we had cocktails. The cocktails are very nice and made infront of you at the bar, think they are little expensive for what they are. Staff are all friendly and service good. We will be back, but maybe we will think wine next time.

2  Thank Sam C
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Ok I like this place - good atmosphere and food and I've been numerous times. But nearly every single time I have been overcharged. In a group for lunch they have added extra drinks on more than once. Even buying just two drinks doesn't protect you. So do go but check your bill and count your change every time.

1  Thank Tripfunkycb
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We’ve visited this place over a dozen times now and its always been great.
Service is very proficient, and the bar staff are well trained too, making excellent cocktails from quality ingredients.
The menu hasn’t changed much since we started going there but that’s perhaps a good thing, as everything on it is very good.
The hanging kebabs are a favourite as is the sharing platter, but the steaks and rotisserie chicken is great too.

Getting a table can be a bit difficult, but if you book in advance or are willing to wait, the staff are excellent at finding you a table when one comes free.

Hard to fault the place as the seating and décor are very charming indeed.
There is a real fire on in the winter and outside seating in the summer.

There is a big range of drinks but no real hand drawn ale. Good quality keg ale yes, but for me you cant beat hand drawn. There is also no guest ales that I’ve found, bit of a draw back as I like to try new ales when I can.

Its owned by the same people as the Oast House in Spinningfields in Manchester, so expect the same as there (perhaps too same?) just on a smaller scale.

Defiantly going back there, often.

Lindsey P, Manager at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Thank you for reviewing us and best regards to you. Happy New Year. X