Stopped at the hotel for one night, I ate in the restaurant and had an amazingly good fillet steak. The chef Warren was helpful and could not be faulted. The staff are friendly, helpful and quite informal which gives a feeling of comfort. As for the rooms they were clean and well appointed. The bed was nice and comfy and slept extremely well. It is in a lovely setting within a small but challenging golf course. Their are local footpath walks and fishing is available within the grounds.
All in all an enjoyable visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whiston Hall is set in scenic Staffordshire countryside, just a 10-minute drive from Alton Towers. The 17th-century hotel has a leafy golf course, a modern bar area and elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi. The historic Whiston Hall estate features large grounds with ornamental fountains and 3 fishing lakes. The 18-hole golf course has a putting green, and offers wonderful views of the nearby hills. The bright and airy bedrooms each have a private bathroom with free toiletries. All rooms feature cable TV and tea/coffee facilities. In the mornings, guests can enjoy a continental breakfast,or for a small extra charge a hearty Full English. In the quiet village of Whiston, this elegant hotel is just a 10-minute drive from the Peak District National Park and from Alton Towers. Free on-site parking is available, and Stoke-on-Trent is a 20-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and LateRooms so you can book your Whiston Hall Hotel and Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whiston Hall Golf Club And Mansion Court Hotel
- Whiston Hall Hotel Mansion Court
- Whiston Hall Hotel And Golf Club Cheadle, Cheshire