“Excellent service and great value”
Review of The Manor Cheadle

and 1 more site!
The Manor Cheadle
Ranked #2 of 4 Cheadle B&B and Inns
“Excellent service and great value”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

This is a delightful bed and breakfast. Conveniently located 15 mins from Alton Towers. We stayed in a family room. Excellent service, great food, beautiful garden and clean, comfortable rooms. We will be back. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Rebecca

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ann and Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I dont usually like to influence people in hotels because each experience can be different. However, on this occasion, I am willing to make an exception. I called the hotel to see if there would be any availability for my friend.. I couldnt get through. The hotel called my office landline back and my colleague picked up, of course, having no knowledge of who I had tried to call. The man from the hotel was very rude saying that of course he didnt know my name (when she advised him of who's number he had called) and that he was wasting too much time on this then put the phone down. I called the hotel back stating who I was ("i believe you have just returned my call") and the man proceeded to say " yes and a stupid woman answered asking if i knew your name when of course I didnt know your name". Well, to me that is terrible behaviour. To call my colleague stupid was horrendous. This man is supposed to be in customer service. People are paying to stay at his hotel and pay for his lifestyle and yet he feels he doesnt need to be respectful to potential customers. I think this is disgusting. I work in the hotel industry and neither me nor my colleage have ever been spoken to like that! Disgusting. I advised the man that I would not now be enquiring about a room and that I definitely would not be recommending the hotel as I have done in the past. I just feel it important to let people know what kind of people are working/running this hotel and what kind of rudeness you may encounter. If I could rate below 0, purely for the attitude, then I would.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Katie H
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
I have to plead guilty as charged. You know sometimes we are in situations of frustration and you say the wrong thing. We were up to our ankles in water as one of our washing machines had flooded our laundry room. The phone rang and I did not get to it in time, no message left. The phone rang again shortly after and I could not take it. I called back and spoke to a lady saying I had a missed call from that number. She then asked me who phoned.
As I had not answered the original call it would be pretty reasonable to assume that I would not have known who phoned. I said I did not know. She started to give me some names and as we get so many unwanted sales calls I assumed this was one and I suggested to the lady we were both wasting our time.
Minutes later the call was returned by her colleague. Yes I did say that I spoke to a stupid woman who expected me to know who called us when it was a missed call. The rest is history.
I apologised and I genuinely regret it. I went back to mopping up!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We got married here in May 2013. It was a day to remember, from the moment we booked Ann and Peter were excellent. They were extremely accommodating and couldn't offer enough help and advice. The food was out of this world, every commented on how nice it was and how lovely the waiters/waitresses were. Breakfast was also served in the morning, from full Englishes to toast and cereal and was a great start to the day! Pete and Ann were extremely accommodating and patient. The day was perfect, the gardens and the manor were beautiful and the sun was shining. This place really is a gem and I would highly recommend it to other brides to be! S&J

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Hello Sammy and James

Well what can we say? Looking after so many delightful guests makes our job so easy. We are so pleased you enjoyed your special day with us. Comments such as yours make life a pleasure. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The manor guest house was a really nice place to stay, the room was very clean until my friend looked behind the side cupboard next to bed and found a pair of ladies underwear, this was very disappointing as everything else was perfect.

The breakfast was really nice, the service was really good, lots of on site parking, we enjoyed a nice Indian down the road.

The hotel was only a 20 minute drive from Alton towers, overall it was a lovely place to stay, but finding the ladies underwear made us wounded how clean was it really.

• Stayed May 2013
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
We are truly sorry that this was missed by our team. We pull out bed side cabinets and beds on a weekly basis to hoover and clean behind and under. It is a shame that we were not told immediately as we could have removed the offending item straight away. We take pride on having clean rooms for our customers and take matters like this very seriously.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over night with my other half and two other couples. We chose the manor as it looked lovely, had great reviews, was a reasonable price and was in close proximity to Alton Towers.

The staff were wonderful, phoning the night before to see if we wished to reserve a table for an evening meal and were very conscientious all throughout our stay. We had a problem with our heating being too hot and twice the one member of staff went to see to it. We also requested an early breakfast which was served and was delicious!

Can't fault the place! I come past it every time I visit Alton Towers and I wish I had known about it sooner. Will definitely be staying again. Thank you!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
We are so pleased this reviewer found us and enjoyed their brief time with us.
Thank you for the very complimentary review which has been passed on to our team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed in the Manor Stables for two nights whilst visiting Alton Towers. The Manor was easy to find and very near to all amenities. The Stables was comfortable and we enjoyed having the central seating area. We were made to feel very welcome, the breakfasts were amazing and we would definitely stay again. We left a i-pod charger in the room and this was posted back to us speedily and with no charge. Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Heather it was a pleasure to welcome you here. Thank you for your very kind comments.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed There Last night, Peter couldn't do enough for us, Room was great couldn't find a fault, food fantastic really enjoyed our one night stay there and will be returning in the summer, my daughter is 7 and gets easily bored, so was offered dvds to watch by the owner which was a nice gesture
10 out of 10

Many Thanks

• Stayed February 2013
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments. It was great to welcome you and look forward to seeing you again.

Ann and Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Alton Towers Hotel
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Park View Guest House
Park View Guest House
#1 of 4 in Cheadle

Been to The Manor Cheadle? Share your experiences!