“A great find!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Cheadle B&B and Inns
Burnley, United Kingdom
“A great find!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed here as a group of 6 adults before heading to Alton Towers - it's only 15 minutes drive away and is situated in a great little village. The only drawback was that we arrived after the hotel had stopped serving food and they don't allow you to bring food or drink onto the premises (takeaways etc) - however they were efficient enough to notice this, and a couple of days before even had the courtesy to contact us and ask if we would like something leaving for us.

We declined as we managed to find a Wetherspoons in the village that serves till 10pm but it was still a nice gesture.

We had exclusive use of the annex or 'The Stables' - it was all very nicely set up, clean, modern and just like being at home, with tea and coffee making facilities, toiletries, towels - everything you needed and nothing you didn't (we were even told how to work the heating if it got to hot or cold during the night!)

We were greeted by a young man on arrival (Z...) who checked us in with minimal fuss, was efficient and friendly - in fact he was also there at breakfast with other staff members who across the board were polite, professional and a credit to the hotel.

It was a great stay (only a night stopover) but if we're ever in the area again we will definitely be checking here first for availability.

Room Tip: If you're in a mixed group of around 6-8 individuals / adults then ask about the stables, it is...
Hi Anthony

So pleased you had a good time and thanks for your understanding about bringing in food.
We ask guests not to bring in hot takeaway food as odours are difficult to shift and can be off putting to the next guests. Also in the past our linen has been so badly stained that we have thrown it away. Nevertheless thanks for your very generous comments and we hope we will see you again.

Ann and Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
England
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed here this weekend as a hen party of 7 ladies after going to Alton Towers (15m drive away) for the day. We stayed in the bungalow, and had a lovely time! Cannot fault the staff who couldn't do enough for us..from lending us a cake knife, to taking our pictures at dinner, really great customer service. The rooms were lovely, clean, comfy beds. Only one bathroom but great power shower,fluffy towels and toiletries provided.Nice communal room for socializing with tea and coffee facilities. We booked dinner in the restaurant and it was beautiful, with very attentive and kind staff. Great breakfast, full english + cereal/fruit options. The parking is ample but worth noting you will need to turn off before the hotel and the car park is behind the hotel on the right, rather than the tiny one at the front of the house.
Really would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice place to stay near the park. Only reasons I didn't give it 5* are.. the curtains in the room are very thin and let a lot of light in first thing in the morning (5am brightness!) so could do with thicker ones,no cleaning materials for washing and reuse of mugs, few spiderwebs need removing (and a very large spider which was removed by the bravest member of our group!!) and the bathroom could do with a re-paint above the bath as paint damp from shower. All in all a brilliant stay, thank you so much! x

Room Tip: The bungalow is a great choice for groups
Hello Nikki

We enjoyed having you here. The curtains we can do something about if you don't like morning light. As we all know spiders do suddenly appear but we are pleased you had a brave member of your party.
We are genuine pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your review and kind comments.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Spent a night at The Manor Manor with friends this month. A warm and comical welcome from a delightful chap who we presume was the owner. Rooms were lovely, beds comfy and despite them offering evening meals, they recommended a fantastic curry house in the high street. Breakfast next day was very good quality and staff lovely.

Unfortunately next day, before embarking on our trip to nearby Alton Towers, we discovered our dodgy hire car had a flat tyre. We then experienced a few other hiccups with getting the car fixed but must say the hotel owner was fab and even offered to drive us to Alton Towers as we were stranded.

A lovely stay and super customer service. Will definitely be coming back! Thanks

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast!
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thanks for your very kind remarks. We were only sorry about your predicament and tried to see if we could ease the frustration of your hire car a little. Hope your day was not dashed altogether.
We look forward to seeing you another time.

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

This is a delightful bed and breakfast. Conveniently located 15 mins from Alton Towers. We stayed in a family room. Excellent service, great food, beautiful garden and clean, comfortable rooms. We will be back. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
Rebecca

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I dont usually like to influence people in hotels because each experience can be different. However, on this occasion, I am willing to make an exception. I called the hotel to see if there would be any availability for my friend.. I couldnt get through. The hotel called my office landline back and my colleague picked up, of course, having no knowledge of who I had tried to call. The man from the hotel was very rude saying that of course he didnt know my name (when she advised him of who's number he had called) and that he was wasting too much time on this then put the phone down. I called the hotel back stating who I was ("i believe you have just returned my call") and the man proceeded to say " yes and a stupid woman answered asking if i knew your name when of course I didnt know your name". Well, to me that is terrible behaviour. To call my colleague stupid was horrendous. This man is supposed to be in customer service. People are paying to stay at his hotel and pay for his lifestyle and yet he feels he doesnt need to be respectful to potential customers. I think this is disgusting. I work in the hotel industry and neither me nor my colleage have ever been spoken to like that! Disgusting. I advised the man that I would not now be enquiring about a room and that I definitely would not be recommending the hotel as I have done in the past. I just feel it important to let people know what kind of people are working/running this hotel and what kind of rudeness you may encounter. If I could rate below 0, purely for the attitude, then I would.

4 Thank Katie H
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
I have to plead guilty as charged. You know sometimes we are in situations of frustration and you say the wrong thing. We were up to our ankles in water as one of our washing machines had flooded our laundry room. The phone rang and I did not get to it in time, no message left. The phone rang again shortly after and I could not take it. I called back and spoke to a lady saying I had a missed call from that number. She then asked me who phoned.
As I had not answered the original call it would be pretty reasonable to assume that I would not have known who phoned. I said I did not know. She started to give me some names and as we get so many unwanted sales calls I assumed this was one and I suggested to the lady we were both wasting our time.
Minutes later the call was returned by her colleague. Yes I did say that I spoke to a stupid woman who expected me to know who called us when it was a missed call. The rest is history.
I apologised and I genuinely regret it. I went back to mopping up!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We got married here in May 2013. It was a day to remember, from the moment we booked Ann and Peter were excellent. They were extremely accommodating and couldn't offer enough help and advice. The food was out of this world, every commented on how nice it was and how lovely the waiters/waitresses were. Breakfast was also served in the morning, from full Englishes to toast and cereal and was a great start to the day! Pete and Ann were extremely accommodating and patient. The day was perfect, the gardens and the manor were beautiful and the sun was shining. This place really is a gem and I would highly recommend it to other brides to be! S&J

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Hello Sammy and James

Well what can we say? Looking after so many delightful guests makes our job so easy. We are so pleased you enjoyed your special day with us. Comments such as yours make life a pleasure. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The manor guest house was a really nice place to stay, the room was very clean until my friend looked behind the side cupboard next to bed and found a pair of ladies underwear, this was very disappointing as everything else was perfect.

The breakfast was really nice, the service was really good, lots of on site parking, we enjoyed a nice Indian down the road.

The hotel was only a 20 minute drive from Alton towers, overall it was a lovely place to stay, but finding the ladies underwear made us wounded how clean was it really.

• Stayed May 2013
Foxsenior, Owner at The Manor Cheadle, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
We are truly sorry that this was missed by our team. We pull out bed side cabinets and beds on a weekly basis to hoover and clean behind and under. It is a shame that we were not told immediately as we could have removed the offending item straight away. We take pride on having clean rooms for our customers and take matters like this very seriously.

Ann and Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
Alton Towers Hotel
Whiston Hall Hotel and Golf Club
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to The Manor Cheadle? Share your experiences!