“genuine Thai food”
Review of Thai Samai

Thai Samai
Ranked #39 of 210 Restaurants in Crewe
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Description: Thai restaurant and takeaway in Crewe, Cheshire. There's always a special offer on, please check our website or facebook page for the lastest news and offers.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went with my wife who is Thai. The food was great, the portions where more than adequate and the owner who served us was very friendly and attentive. We have been to many Thai restaurants in the UK and this ranks as one of the best. The interior is very nice although the exterior offers no clues as to the delights inside. If you want real Thai food this is for you, stay away from the chain restaurants and pay a visit to Thai Samai

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Myself and my partner were looking for somewhere which did a buffet dinner. I enquired at Thai Samai and the owner was very accommodating. I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm so glad we decided to go. We each had a choice of a starter, two main courses plus a drink included in the price and we weren't disappointed. Although there is still a bit of work to do in the restaurant the food is outstanding and the owner and staff very friendly. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good authentic Thai food. I can see this little gem going places so I wish Howard and all the staff all the very best and I'll be sure to see you again soon!! Thanks for a great night..

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Needs to look like a restaurant bu doesn’t Half looks like a supermarket. Had a good deal on groupon with a starter drink and main for £21. Mine was ribs they were great. My wife had prawns she liked them and main of pad Thai, she enjoyed that. My main Lard Na was not great and had no real taste or spice ar all. I am sure other dishes would be great.

Howard F, Owner at Thai Samai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Thanks for the review. The half that looks like a supermarket is in fact a supermarket. So it looks like we got that right.
We sell Thai and oriental food and cooking products.

We've only recently moved the restaurant into the smaller area, so we're lacking some decoration at the moment.
Pleased that you enjoyed the food.
For info: the laad na isn't supposed to be spicy at all.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I visited with a group of friends as we found a very affordable price on ‘groupon’ for the six of us.

The food here is absolutely incredible! Given the number of Thai restaurants and takeaways along this road, the competition falls flat compared to this place.

Given that we had read reviews ourselves prior to visiting, we had very little expectations for the outside of the restaurant but our opinion was soon changed upon being seated promptly with very attentive, friendly and chatty staff.

Our food arrived within around 20-30 minutes of being ordered and shortly after us being served drinks, with the perfect amount of time between starters and mains. I was extremely impressed with this after being told that they only had one chef in on the evening who was also doing takeaways and cooking for other guests in the restaurant!

The staff were happy to discuss the menu with us and explain anything that we didn’t understand and continued to check that everything was okay throughout the meal.

The Owner and his staff have clearly put a lot of time and effort into turning this restaurant around and updating their decor as well. Their efforts are extremely underrated! I cannot thank you all enough for such an enjoyable visit and i would definitely recommend this to anyone who is unsure at first glance.

Forget the price on groupon, this restaurant deserves for the full price to be paid!!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Ignore the outside, this is the best Thai I’ve had, ever.

Brilliant fresh food , quick services with good portion sizes.

Really friendly staff , felt welcome as soon as we stepped in and were always there to help.

Couldn’t recommend this place enough.