“OK for a quick visit”

Ibis Styles Crewe
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent a night here on a business trip and the hotel was OK overall. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable - although if you like a soft bed (I don't) then possible best avoided. The hotel was very busy but check in was quick and easy. The hotel was also nice and quiet with little background noise and no doors banging shut. Breakfast was Ok although it seemed to me that the small dishes for things like eggs meant that quite often they were empty and I had to wait around for my selection. That said, at least things were not sitting on a hot plate for ages so they were freshly cooked and served. Overall Ok and would stay there again when visiting the area on business.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and would use the hotel again if returning to Crewe for business. I look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Crewe

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Arrived on Friday afternoon to attend a Murder Mystery evening. Room was clean and functional for the star rating it had. The food served in the bar was of good quality and acceptable and thank you to Steve for his helpfulness. The issues I have with the hotel was the lack of staff in the evening for the function - serving a three-course meal meant that we were all eating at different times and waited some considerable time for the alternative to the pate and my soup was cold when it arrived. The actual food was good considering it was 'mass catering' but I was suprised that there were no jugs of iced water left on the table - which would have saved the staff a lot of time if there had been. Found it strange that you had to serve yourself regarding tea/coffee at the end of the meal - nobody told us. I was very annoyed that staff allowed someone on my table and one behind me to light up e-cigarettes considering the hotel has a strict no smoking policy, which also means that you have to battle your way through the smoke haze at the entrance of the hotel to get to reception - not very nice. Breakfast was crazy as there was only one member of staff who was trying to clear tables, refill the hot bufet breakfast and find clean cups and plates - felt like we had to eat in stages to fit in when they brought out hot food (there was another member of staff who took your name but did not seem to so much else when a queue starting forming). There is no excuse in a hotel that between 9.00am / 10.00am is generally the busiest time for breakfast considering the size of the event - around 70 people. It was also not very nice that housekeeping knocks on your door at 9.00am asking if you are ready to vacate the room - we, were at that time, showering and as you don't have to check-out until 11.00am thought this was a bit rude. I passed all these comments before I left on Saturday morning to a Deputy Hotel Mananger on reception who assured me the Hotel Manager would get back to me - Monday afternoon - no response so no wonder I am commenting on trip advisor as I did give you that chance to respond by leaving an e-mail for when I got to work this morning or yo could have called me. Not impressed by the lack of customer service.

Room Tip: It is just off the motorway and is fairly quiet whatever room you choose - just avoid above the bar...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie G

Dear Ms Gardner

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding the issues that you experienced during your stay with us and allowing me to explain what happened and how we plan to resolve the problems in service that you encountered, Once again my sincerest apologies and thank you for your very constructive feedback.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Had a family occasion in Crewe and the Ramada Encore was doing a "special" £29 for a double room.
Booked 2 of them!! though the second night was at normal price.
Staff extremely helpful when I phoned them and everything was as we asked.
Rooms spacious enough for a 1/2 night stay.
Beds a little hard but comfortable enough.
Very very quiet as it's on an industrial estate so now rowdy pub crowds
Rooms in need of redecorating as paint peeling on the bathroom doors made an otherwise smart room look a little shabby
Ordered a breakfast and the first morning it was buffet and plentiful.
2nd morning ( a Saturday) cooked to order.
Everything was tasty and at £7 reasonable value. Bacon a little hard and difficult to cut but ample flow of juice and tea and coffee.
This is not a 5* hotel but for an overnight stay for me and my family an excellent option to those that were more expensive.
Wiil definitely be on my list for any future stays

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions on business. Although this is a budget hotel it is always clean and tidy with very good staff who are always keen to help. I have only ever eaten breakfast here which is filling and sets you up for the day. Very good would recommend.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Able to book in at no extra cost an hour or so earlier. We really appreciated that. Room good. Good shower and good wired internet. Restricted tv channels, no C5 etc. Easy to park and find. Had breakfast at Mcdonalds near by.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Manger very rude to us no help at all. Rude on dinner service. Very un friendly and rude restaurant staff. Rooms poor no wifi bed very hard. Wouldn't recommend a stay there. Millions times better places in crewe for you money

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank harriers911
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is very rare that I receive negative feedback regarding our staff and managers. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further so I can find out who was working on the evening of your stay and get to the bottom of what went so wrong. Please could you call me on 01270506620 or email me at gm@encorecrewe.co.uk. Once again my sincerest apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here as part of a National Holidays Alton Towers trip (probably not the closest hotel they could have chosen).

We had a coach of around 50 people arriving at the same time (around 9pm) so the hotel should have been prepared - they wasn't. One reception girl was left to try and check in 50 tired and hungry guests, luckily we got seen to first and got up to the room in good time but some of the others had to wait around a bit.

We had a three course meal layed on but had to select what we wanted there and then at checkout, and to be honest it was a bit late in the evening to site down for a meal (not the hotels fault). The food was average, nothing special as it had been cooked in advance in anticipation of the late diners.

Our room was clean and tidy and the bed was pretty comfy. The bathroom was quite good with a walk in shower and fully lined out in a glass effect wall, only downside was the toilet had a constant leak, but at 11pm after a late diner and long day we couldn't be bothered to report it to reception and move rooms so just shut the bathroom door and went to sleep.

The room had all the usual bits and bobs (pillows are not the best, but nothing beats your own I suppose?) including tea and coffee etc - ideal for an overnight stay.

Breakfast was very good, hot buffet along with all the usual alternatives (no menu its self serve). Food was cooked nicely and there was a good selection to choose from.

All staff were friendly, well turned out and polite - just think the management could have handled the front desk a bit better on arrival.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple