“Poor Conference experience”

Ibis Styles Crewe
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Crewe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Came here recently booked by work for a conference. The initial first observation of the place interior and exterior is generally pleasant and the bar seating area also good, clean modern. However upon entering the conference, one of the smaller meeting rooms the furniture is in dire need of replacing and would not be a choice again for a formal meeting. Very odd shaped tables with what i can only describe and extremely extensive damage to them and the leather chairs, where the leather cover has peeled off. From what i can see a very easy remedy that could be made and i can only thank that this conference was internal and not an external conference for customers as the impression given is well lower than i would expect. We also booked for the buffet around lunchtime. Again this was a let down. Spaghetti, very overcooked gammon pieces, roast potatoes, coleslaw, and fish in very very poor batter. There was salad but only garnish salad and the chips were brought out about 10 minutes after we'd all filled our plates with the very odd assortment. All in all noone had anything positive to say about the food or the lack lustre service, except for the dessert. Which was a large serving of chocolate cake with cream.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback from your conference with us. I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience. I have recently received quotes from several companies to have our conference furniture either repaired or replaced so I will be looking into getting this done very soon. I have passed on your comments on to our Chef's and thankfully the feedback on our conference lunches since has been very positive. Once again my apologies and I hope this does not deter you from using us for conferences in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My partner & I stayed here while visiting relatives and considering the price we paid I was very impressed with the services & modern facilities.

We paid extra for breakfast (cooked/continental) which had a good choice, however staff seemed to miss out on putting out & replacing glasses & bowls so a bit of attention to detail needed there but apart from that it was as expected for a breakfast!

Would look to stay here again when we're next in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be addressing the small issues that you mentioned and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Room was warm and nice and dark for sleeping. The wardrobe was just hanging space, no doors or drawers.very nice wet room lots of hot water.
The choice of food was a bit of a disappointment but cooked well and tasted very good when it arrived. The breakfast was excellent.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our breakfast to be excellent. With regards to our food choice we have just introduced a new menu which provides and excellent choice and variety. I hope if you stay with us again this is more to your taste.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here as it was central to a weekend of cycling & walking. Hotel is situated in an industrial estate so wasn't too sure what to expect but it was OK, staff were pleasant & room was OK. Food not so good but edible.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you found our staff to be pleasant. I will pass on these comments to them and will also discuss your feedback regarding food with the them. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed in the Ramada Encore for three nights in February.

In all honesty, I wasn't very impressed. The bed was uncomfortable and about a foot off the ground, there was no WiFi in the rooms and the television was tiny. There was internet available through an ethernet cable, but good luck plugging that into a mobile phone or tablet. Overall, I thought the room was adequate, but not particularly welcoming.

Yes, some of the negatives I picked up on are small things to pick up on, but when you're paying £64 a night (effectively £71 when breakfast was added on), you expect more than you get here. I travel on business fairly frequently and have found I get a lot more value for money than I did here; even in places like Manchester and Liverpool where you would expect hotels to be pricier. For me, this is a budget hotel at the price of a mid-market one.

The staff were very friendly, and the hotel was spotless. No complaints in either of those departments.

If I do end up back in Crewe, I'm afraid that I would seek elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
DavidTucker1, General Manager at Ibis Styles Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you found us to be poor value for money. We are currently looking into having WiFi installed throughout the hotel to accommodate for guests with mobiles and laptops. I hope you get chance to take advantage of this sometime soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Pretty standard fare for a business type of hotel. Nice welcome, warm hotel. Good bed and very clean. I always find Ramada Encore's a bit spartan. No carpet - laminate floors in the rooms only. Not overly welcoming - white walls, bare floors etc. But absolutely fine for a night or two. Breakfast was the usual self service and the food was fine. Happy to use these hotels again - you know exactly what you are getting before you arrive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your will continue to use our hotels.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here prior to an event in Nantwich the following day and having booked through Laterooms, found we could have saved another £14 by booking direct! However, we felt the hotel was good value and offered decent facilities for the price.

Located half a mile from Crewe railway station, an easy walk and on the edge of the industrial area, it's well located however you travel. Car parking is plentiful and the hotel clean and modern.

The rooms are basic but clean although in our case the smallish standard double bed had a marked dip in the middle so not the best night's sleep. There was no noticeable noise from outside the hotel but guests from one of the two coach parties seemed oblivious to the needs of others and didn't modulate their door banging or raised voices. Not the hotel's fault, but the design didn't provide much insulation.

We didn't eat at the hotel but the menu seemed reasonably varied on a "pub and ping-cuisine" sort of theme, with prices that aren't out of the way.

We were quite happy with our experience and would use the brand again if similar deals were available.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies regarding the noise caused by other guests. If you do book with us again please ensure you book direct as we guarantee to match or beat the best price found on any website.