“Fabulous!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
zurich
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

What a wonderful weekend! The drive to the hall is beautiful and the view of the hall is stunning (albeit marred by the cars parking in front of it). Reception staff were efficient and welcoming and check-in went smoothly, Fortunately, I was assigned a room in the Hall: a very, very, very lovely room with a very comfortable bed.
The staff were universally friendly and helpful; the only hitch was a very slow service at our group lunch.
The interior of the hall is very beautiful and well kept and offers much to discover.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Speedy-Vesper
Dear Speedy-Vesper,
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you have given us a 5/5 rating and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend spa break. The two treatments we had were lovely. We felt very relaxed and were also able to enjoy the gym, sauna, steam room, pool and jacuzzi. If you ask they'll give you a robe and slippers whilst using the spa.

Our room was lovely and modern and felt very relaxing.

The meals we had included in the package were lovely as was the service, although the Sunday beef dinner and the shoulder of lamb (evening meal) were not to our taste as they were very fatty.

The building is beautiful and lovely and cosy as a winter break.

I managed to forget my trainers in a locker in the changing room. Staff were kind enough to post them promptly back to me - thank you!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank joey2004
Dear joey2004,
Thank you for reviewing Crewe Hall.
I'm really pleased that you and your partner enjoyed your spa break and that you left Crewe Hall feeling relaxed and pampered. I hope you will consider a return visit soon.
Kind regards
Norley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

You cant help but be impressed when approaching this hotel.The setting is lovely.
The checkin area in the old part of the building gives the feel of this wonderful hall.
The rooms ( we were in the new part) were clean, spacious and had the usual tv, drinks, hairdryer, iron and a good selection of complimentary bathroom cosmetics..
We attended for a christmas party the food was good and the service excellent.
We visited the spa and pool and all this area is to a high standard.
Breakfast is buffet and has a large choice, again all very nice.
Tips for the hotel management : If you have a party for 300 people you need a dance floor that is larger than a postage stamp. You also need a dj that can inject some life and enthusiasm into a party. Anyone can push buttons on a laptop all night.

Room Tip: Ask at reception for a guide to the main house and take time to wander around and take in its histor...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Woooodentop
Dear Woooodentop,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Crewe Hall. Our Christmas 2013 is nearly complete and we will be reviewing all the feedback received in January ready to plan our 2014 celebrations. I hope that should you be returning you will see the changes we have made.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and we had a wonderful reception on arrival. Afternoon Tea was excellent and well worth the £22. The staff were very attentive and the service was good, Complimentary mulled wine was offered which I'm not normally a lover of but eh 'season of goodwill' and all that I tried one and am I glad I did. Could have foregone the tea (but not the cakes) for a bottle of the mulled stuff - it was delicious.

The room was a nice size and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable which made for a good nights sleep

There was plenty of variety at breakfast but the cooked breakfast was lukewarm.

Spa Experience:
Spa facilities were adequate given there where only a dozen people there all not wanting to use the jacuzzi at the same time. Now that would have been cosy after a plunge in the not too warm pool!

Unless you have booked a spa package (when robes and slippers are provided) then be prepared to have to walk through a room full of strangers wrapped in a towel that doesn't quite meet in the middle and nothing on your feet. Not an experience I want to repeat.

Something I did want to repeat was the hot stones message which was truly bliss - wanted to go back for more but had to get the heated rollers up and ready for the evening 'do.'

Party Time:
Dinner hot and tasty was served with a complimentary glass of wine. The DJ did a terrific job playing a good variety of music past and present that kept the dance floor full to the brim from beginning to end

Party Pooper:
The only downside was the unhelpful and dismissive attitude of a particular bar staff member in the Continental Suite that left my glass less than full to the brim.

On being informed there was no PernodI asked if there was another bar in the building that might have a bottle? I was informed there was no other bar opened (bah humbug pardon the pun) . Well I wasn't taking no for an answer and like a woman possessed (coz after all Pernod is for Christmas and not for Life) I made my mission to investigate further. And hey presto, my determination paid off because I stumbled upon the Brasserie and the delights of a helpful young barman who kindly transported a bottle of the aniseed nectar back to the Continental bar for me. Not really that hard is it to keep a customer happy??

Putting the drink aside. There were plenty of highlights during the evening. Like the table magician who left us all gob-smacked with his magic tricks. Would have been amazing if he could have pulled a bottle of Bacardi out of the bag (another gripe but didn't want to make a fuss).
Would like to mention the six like minded people that we had the good fortune to share our table and glow lights with. Daniel (Spa Manager) love the Village People dance and advice on the Co-op or was it the Pound Shop?)

Heated rollers, water fountains and the mislaying of mobile phone and specs all added to the enjoyment of a truly memorable evening.

I might be back if only to check the bar contents.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AngEs57
Dear angelaengels,
Thank you for your comprehensive review of your stay at Crewe Hall.
I am sorry that some of our team were less than helpful when trying to fulfill your desire for Pernod and you have my assurance that this is now available in all our bars. I am pleased you enjoyed the festive party night and that our magicians entertained you and your colleagues.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed here the one night, I cannot fault the place, the rooms are lovely and the food is fantastic. If you are on a budget this is not the place for you. However, if you would like an extra treat save your pounds and go to this place, you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Stay in the newest section
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank freddie g
Dear freddie g,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I chose Crewe Hall because, as a family, we always go to the same spa hotel in Chester and we fancied a change. We booked via spa direct and all arrangements were made easily along with email confirmation. A little disappointed on the morning of our trip to be contacted to change our treatment times due to staff issues - having said that - we were able to alter our plans without hassle and it was a good show of customer service to have been contacted in good time.

Upon arrival we found it a little difficult to know exactly where to go; we felt the signage could have been clearer as there were many car parks to choose from. The reception staff were excellent and very efficient. The lady took care of our luggage as our room was not ready (we were checking in 2 hours before check in time so this is understandable) and she came and found us in the dining room when the room was ready. Our luggage had been taken up to our room - an excellent facility.

For our lunch we had the choice of the set menu or the Italian themed buffet. We chose the buffet which offered a good choice of dishes - starters, mains, and desserts. I had the fish and my mum and sister had the chicken. All food was freshly prepared in the open plan kitchen - and the dining hall was decorated with christmas trees and felt very festive.

Our room was lovely - very clean as expected, with a great shower and a view of the courtyard The toiletries in the room were very nice and a good quality. We went down to the spa area. The staff in the spa were very friendly and helpful. We had a swim and used the sauna, steam room, and sat relaxing for an hour by the jacuzzi. The only downside here was we then had to get dressed and return to our room for 40 mins, before coming back downstairs for our treatments and getting changed again. My confirmation email from Spa Direct had described complementary use of robes and slippers but these were not offered. It was only after our treatments we overheard someone else saying they had hired these for £5 although we don't know from where.

The treatments were very good. A slight disappointment in that Spa Direct confirmed by email we would have x1 60 minute treatment each - but in the spa reception we were told it was a 50 minute treatment - and 10 minutes of that was taken up with consultation and time to change before and after. I chose to have the back massage and facial and my therapist was excellent. The massage was one of the best I've had and I loved the facial. The scalp massage was so good I think I nodded off!

The evening meal was excellent value and we had a really good evening. We began with a cocktail - expertly made by a young man who showed attention to detail - he burnt the orange in the Cosmos - which too many bartenders neglect to do. The cocktails were respectably priced too at £6.95 so this started the evening well! As confirmed by Spa Direct we were on a 3 course menu with a budget of £26 per person. We had 2 courses and didn't go over budget - and were too full to try for a pud! My mum and sister had the rump steak and I opted for the Lamb Barnsley Chop. The meat came with handcut chips, flat mushroom, full roasted tomato and we all opted for a sauce. The food was excellent.

We all slept well as the room was quiet and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was excellent too. Lots on offer from continental to cooked - all expertly prepared/cooked and most enjoyable. The staff again so polite, friendly, and efficient.

All in all, a few discrepancies with what Spa Direct had confirmed we had booked, but this did not spoil our spa break. We would return - and look forward to it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Andie C,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that certain expectations were not met however am pleased that on reflection your overall stay was a great one and you have given us top marks. I will be sharing your feedback with our team in due course.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times before and it doesn't fail to please. Welcoming and efficient on arrival from the commanding drive to the magnificent building. My room was on the ground floor in the modern part: large, very clean and comfortable. I had a relaxing bath, watched the TV - everything worked. I didn't have time to use the spa on this flying trip. There was at least one party going on but no noise from it and I saw young staff members dealing with slightly sozzled guests very politely!
Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2013
Dear WiltshirePhilippa,
Welcome back! I'm really pleased that you continue to enjoy your stays at Crewe Hall and hope it will not be too long before you visit again.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Mottram Hall
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,393 reviews
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!