“Crew Hall Hotel. Excellent Stay.”
Review of Crewe Hall

Crewe Hall
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel from the 31st January departing on the 2nd February, we had a wonderful stay, the room was excellent, everything was spotless. We love the Q hotel chain, because you are guaranteed a lovely place to stay. The breakfast was fabulous, a wide range of choice.
Do try them, they are excellent.
Thank you.
Linda.

Room Tip: We have tried two sorts of rooms now and both have been great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda B
CreweHallOps, Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Linda B,
Thank you for your review and for being a true ambassador for Q Hotels. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and very much hope you will continue to enjoy exploring the other 20 hotels within the group.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I visited Crewe Hall on Saturday 1st as we held a corporate event at the venue.
Clare Venables (Conference and Events Coordinator) was extremely helpful and the event was well received by all.

The room Clare had arranged for myself for after the event was absolutely beautiful and I only wish I had a little longer to enjoy it.

Would definitely recommend for a couples get away or any corporate event.

Thanks again Clare :)

Room Tip: My room was in the old part of the hotel and was simply stunning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Emma G,
Thank you for your review. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that Clare co-ordinated everything for you to your requirements. I hope it will not be too long before you visit again.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Booked the £99 spa break for me and my partner, checking in on a Sunday rather than Saturday to avoid the rush. Welcome at reception was a bit disjointed and not much info was given on what was included in our package and how to go about it. Our pre-booked dinner reservations were also missing. However, it was onwards and upwards from there. Room was ready early so we could check in straight away. Clean, modern, spacious room with the little extras that make you feel special. We went straight to the brasserie for our inclusive two course lunch which was really good, I admittedly have high standards when eating out but every meal we had here was exquisite, no complaints. After lunch we went to the spa to use the pool and jacuzzi before our treatments. The pool/jacuzzi was pretty standard, could have been a bit cleaner; floor was dirty, my fresh towel had someone else's foundation on and the jacuzzi was closed the whole time I was there. After a couple of hours relaxing, we both had an hour long massage which was fantastic and I particularly enjoyed the spa lounge at the end where you can sit and relax after your treatment. The restaurant was pretty quiet as it was a Sunday night but this meant the service was more attentive. Our evening meal was fantastic, some of the best food I have eaten in a long time. Apart from a few tweaks needed this is a fabulous hotel and spa experience. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey B

Dear Lindsey B,
Thank you for your thorough review. Whilst pleased you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others I can only apologise that your initial welcome was not upto our usual high standard. Your feedback has been shared with our reception manager so she may further investigate why this happened. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just returned from a spa break with friends, had a wonderful stay. We had a warm welcome as we arrived early our rooms were not ready, our luggage was taken care of and we were directed to the spa. After a lovely lunch our rooms were ready and they didn't disappoint.
After an afternoon of treatments and relaxation we all got ready for dinner, lovely menu and friendly staff who were totally professional even though very busy. We had an incident with an over excited bottle of bubbly which bubbled everywhere, a big sorry to the lady who came in contact with the above, who was lovely. Thank you and also to the lovely young waiter who was very calming to all concerned, and patient when we came to settle our bill.
After a comfortable night sleep a lovely varied breakfast greeted us hungry hens and a good time was had by all.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jill H,
Thank you for your review. I'm really pleased that you and your friends had a great stay at Crewe Hall. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I visited Crewe Hall last weekend (24-26 January) in a party of eight ladies for a Spa break. We had previously visited in January 2011 and this time, our stay was as good as, if not better than, the last one.

The staff at Crewe Hall are all so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. From the people on Reception, to the room attendants, to the people in the Leisure club, everyone has a smile for you.

Can I please make a special mention of Adam a waiter in the Brasserie on the evening - a lovely young man and a credit to your team. Pleasant and helpful and helped to enhance our dining experience. Also Kara or Karla in the Spa, who was great at her job and gave me a wonderful facial, so thanks to her too.

Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jamoss,
Welcome back. I'm really pleased that your second experience was just as good as your first and that you had a great time. Your kind feedback will be shared with the team in due course and I'm delighted that Adam looked after you so well. I very much hope you will consider returning to Crewe Hall soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Was a surprise weekend for my friend and her boyfriend we went for the spa package we had such a good time everything was spot on and such good value for what u pay for dinner was gorgeous!! And we had brilliant service from Jessica and David would deffinatly go back again :D thanks from the Essex girls and guy :)

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Dannib3191,
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your weekend spa break. I look forward to welcoming you back to Crewe Hall soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The most exceptional aspect of this hotel is the calibre of staff. They were friendly, approachable, helpful, authentic and welcoming. All the staff we encountered (especially Rachel) were basically as good as it gets anywhere, with nothing being too much trouble. A real credit to the hotel.

The communal areas in the main house are simply stunning. I feel it was a privilege to stay in this little piece of history.

We stayed in a 4 poster room which was lovely although could do with a little modernising. The top priority would be the installation of a power shower! The scattered imperfections did not, however, take away from a most enjoyable stay which we did not want to end.

The Brasserie was disappointing. Whilst the food was nice enough, the review accolade led me to have high expectations. These were not met. As a foodie who isn't able to dine out much in this economic climate, the standard was a real let down. My main course was the lamb, which constituted a lump of fairly gristly meat crying out for a rich sauce. The dauphenoise potatoes and vegetables were cooked to perfection although inelegantly presented. For dessert I chose the chocolate tart. The accompanying orange sorbet, chocolate soil and candied orange slice were exceptional, and would not be out of place in any fine dining establishment. The star of the show, the chocolate tart, had the stale 'I've been sat in the fridge for a day longer than a should have been' sort of taste. Had it been fresh it would have been lovely. My husband's mango dessert looked and evidently tasted incredible. My decaf cappa tasted like cheap instant with a pile of milk froth, i.e. dog rough. At the price I actually expected a high standard freshly ground coffee accompanied by petit fours or a chocolate or something! In summary, this was a fairly nice meal but not (as I had anticipated) at a fine dining standard. The prices are in line with low end fine dining. We paid £66 for a two course meal.

So, this hotel gets a 4 star from me. It would have got a 5 star from me as the few room deficiencies were more than compensated by the exceptional staff. However the brasserie was disappointing.

Would I stay there again? Yes, absolutely, I'd love to. And furthermore I would eat there again, albeit with lower expectations. Next time though I'd avoid the lamb, chocolate tart and coffee. The sparkling water I'd have again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JosieJosieJo

Dear JosieJosieJo,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you would return to Crewe Hall in the future based on your experience. Whilst our Brasserie has been awarded a rosette from the AA, based on the volume of guests who choose to dine with us it is not possible to deliver a fine dining experience in this area. I am sorry that your high expectations were not met on this occasion.
Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Broxton
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!