“Amazing historic hotel, wonderful wedding venue”
Review of Crewe Hall

Crewe Hall
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing historic hotel, wonderful wedding venue”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We got married at Crewe Hall this month, we had an amazing day. The operations team on the day were attentive and professional (in particular Nils and Jan). The historic hall made a stunning backdrop for our wedding, all of our guests commented on how impressed they were with the place. There were lots of lovely nooks and crannies for our guests to explore! The wedding breakfast and evening buffet was beautiful, service was excellent and my husband and I felt suitably special on our big day!

The wedding party stayed for 2 nights, including dinner in the brasserie the night before. Food in the brasserie was lovely and great quality - all members of the wedding party had a great meal. The only minor cons was that we booked some rooms in the Old Hall for members of the wedding party. In one of the rooms (3105), we could hear the slight whir of a generator or similar, which meant my mum wasn't able to get a good night's sleep the evening before. It didn't bother me when I was in there however. Similarly my mother in law was in a room in the old hall near on the main the corridor so she was disturbed while people were walking to and from their rooms from the brasserie. However, in saying that, the room I had on the first night (3203) was stunning and the room on our wedding night (I think it was 3107) was beautiful. I think the rooms all vary.

The check-in process wasn't the greatest I've experienced either - on arrival some members of the wedding party were told that they didn't have our booking on the system! It was eventually sorted but caused some mild panic!

However, those issues aside, we had a fantastic day and an unforgettable wedding and we are happy to have chosen Crewe Hall. The venue is a hidden gem in Cheshire.

1 Thank citygirl_manchester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Polish first
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Afternoon Tea was superb, friendly staff with a professional service. My 82 year old mother in law loved her treat. We will be back for the wonderful treat again very soon.
Also a great historic building. I requested history on the hall and Kyle The Butler was very obliging and got me a print of it. I especially enjoyed looking at The Chapel.
Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
liverpool
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely reception by staff, I had two treatments by a brilliant therapist, sadly my friend got a less interested therapist who rushed her 2 treatments also not offering her a cold drink, after treatments looking forward to a relax by the pool we were greeted by children having swimming lessons which completely ruined it for me, from the noise to the children who where waiting for the next class running around in the steam and sauna, lunch very enjoyable staff very pleasant, let's hope evening meal is more relaxing, trying to not let all the noise from the past hr to ruin this lovely hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a delegate on a 24hr rate and found the service excellent - from those who checked us in, to the restaurant staff and the events staff. My room was in the new part of the building and had a large walk in shower and bath as well as a comfortable bed, an electronic safe and a decent TV. Food was of a good quality standard with a buffet breakfast and lunch. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

An excellent day enjoyed by me and my wife at Crewe hall for a living social spa day. Lovley drive in up to the hall. Got there and greeted by a very socialble and helpfully man on the spa receptio handing us our towel and voucher for coffee and a danish at the brassierie. Went and had this straight away, and was lovely. Nice fresh coffee and I was able to swap my Danish for a crossiant ( I dont like danishes so was very kind of them).
Headed to the gym to work this off, a nice spacious gym with a good choice of equipment.
The pool area was great too, Nice and bright, and excellent steam sauna and jacquzzi. Also loved the little extras like the funky shower and the heated seats.
Finished the day off with a 2 course meal in the scrumptious brasserie!
Highly recommend crewe hall and worth the travel from where we are in Manchester

Leeds
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just had an overnight stay here and the hotel was amazing. The food is fantastic with a really good choice. I was lucky to have as room in the Hall itself but heard good reviews on the modern wing too. I think it is personal taste as to which you would prefer but all taste seem to be catered for with modern and traditional.
The spa area and pool were great and the treatment so relaxing I would highly recommend.
Breakfast is plentiful and with really good choices so you won't go hungry, I would recommend a swim prior to the breakfast or you may sink afterwards!!

Room Tip: I think it is personal taste as to which you would prefer but all taste seem to be catered for with...
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter for her 40th birthday in February. On the approach to the jacobean Manor we were astounded by the beauty of the grounds. We checked in at around 3.30 and we're greeted very courteously by both of the reception staff with check in seeming almost effortless. We arrived at our room in the new part of the hotel and although we would have preferred one of the rooms in the older building we found the room was very clean and spacious. After we unpacked we decided to try out the leisure facilities, the gym was very well equipped although we did go straight to the swimming pool for a quick dip and relaxed in the jacuzzi before retiring back to the bedroom to prepare for dinner.
We arrived in the bar area and we were greated by a young gentleman called Christian, we decided to begin the evening with a cocktail at the bar, we ordered a mojito and my daughter wanted a gin cocktial which he made up a recipe especially for her. We were thoroughly entertained at the skills christian showed whilst watching him make the drinks. When it was time to go to our table the delightful irish manageress politely showed us through to our table and very expertly explained the menu and our allowance to us and left us to examine the menu. After a couple of minutes our lovely server came over and introduced her self as Lauren she recommended that we have the trout to start as it was light and refreshing and for main the duck as it was very tender and flavourful,  I myself went for both the young lady's recommendations which turned out to be wonderful. My daughter had the squid and the lamb and was equally impressed. When it came to the drinks Lauren proved herself to be as knowledgable with wine as she was with the food menu and recommended that we have a glass of pinot noir with the duck and the malbec with the lamb which we both thoroughly enjoyed. We both decided to skip on desserts for we were far too full and were ready to leave when Lauren enticed us into enjoying a liqueur coffee in the Sheridan lounge and even offered to bring them up for us.
As we were leaving we saw the young barman, Christian making them for us whilst serving other customers and I must say very efficiently. We enjoyed our coffees in the gorgeous old lounge and retired to our room after we had finished. We were, however shocked to find out that there was not a bar open in the older part of the hotel even with the large amount of people relaxing in the lounge.
We had an amazing night's sleep, easily the best I've had in years, the beds were very comfortable and the blackout curtains meant I even had a slight lie in til 8 in the morning.
We went down again to the brasserie and enjoyed a continental and cooked breakfast with a variety of juices and cereals.
Check out was as efficient as check in.
All in all a very pleasant day and night I will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Wychwood Park Hotel
Wychwood Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!