“Nothing was too much trouble !!”
Review of Crewe Hall

Crewe Hall
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a one night spa break last Friday and it was superb. It was perfect from start to finish and the staff are attentive and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The treatments and the spa facilities were fantastic. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast included in our package and each meal was fantastic. I highly recommend Crewe Hall and we are already planning our next stay.

1  Thank Mary9277
There are newer reviews for Crewe Hall

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at Crewe Hall yesterday and received a complimentary upgrade by the very friendly reception team. The room was in the old part of the building so creaking floorboards and thin walls - but it all adds to the charm of the place. I have stayed in the new part previously and although it lacks character the facilities are amazing.

We had lunch in the restaurant which was lovely, i think there could be a wider variety of sandwiches/soups/salads especially if you didn't have the buffet lunch for the spa packages. Wine was served at the perfect temperature - well done.

The leisure facilities were clean and the spa staff very friendly. The pool had a few too many children in, especially when we wanted to relax although this could not be controlled by the hotel.

We ate in the brasserie which was amazing - i never have a bad experience in here. The food was sublime and seasonal - we shared Camembert which was great although could have done with a little chutney and the roast chicken for main was lovely even though the breast was on the small side. Chocolate brownie was the best we have ever had, please don't get rid of this item - we practically rolled to bed.

Check out was efficient and i would suggest that perhaps history of crewe hall should be in the bedrooms to add to the experience. Also a young man in the restaurant who worked lunch and dinner was just AMAZING. So personable and great with service, he had a foreign accent and i think his name was bartek although i cannot be sure - he was great.

would recommend highly and will return!

Room Tip: Pay the extra to stay in the old hall in the feature rooms/suites if you want the full experience
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We got married at Crewe Hall this month, we had an amazing day. The operations team on the day were attentive and professional (in particular Nils and Jan). The historic hall made a stunning backdrop for our wedding, all of our guests commented on how impressed they were with the place. There were lots of lovely nooks and crannies for our guests to explore! The wedding breakfast and evening buffet was beautiful, service was excellent and my husband and I felt suitably special on our big day!

The wedding party stayed for 2 nights, including dinner in the brasserie the night before. Food in the brasserie was lovely and great quality - all members of the wedding party had a great meal. The only minor cons was that we booked some rooms in the Old Hall for members of the wedding party. In one of the rooms (3105), we could hear the slight whir of a generator or similar, which meant my mum wasn't able to get a good night's sleep the evening before. It didn't bother me when I was in there however. Similarly my mother in law was in a room in the old hall near on the main the corridor so she was disturbed while people were walking to and from their rooms from the brasserie. However, in saying that, the room I had on the first night (3203) was stunning and the room on our wedding night (I think it was 3107) was beautiful. I think the rooms all vary.

The check-in process wasn't the greatest I've experienced either - on arrival some members of the wedding party were told that they didn't have our booking on the system! It was eventually sorted but caused some mild panic!

However, those issues aside, we had a fantastic day and an unforgettable wedding and we are happy to have chosen Crewe Hall. The venue is a hidden gem in Cheshire.

1  Thank citygirl_manchester
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Afternoon Tea was superb, friendly staff with a professional service. My 82 year old mother in law loved her treat. We will be back for the wonderful treat again very soon.
Also a great historic building. I requested history on the hall and Kyle The Butler was very obliging and got me a print of it. I especially enjoyed looking at The Chapel.
Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Lovely reception by staff, I had two treatments by a brilliant therapist, sadly my friend got a less interested therapist who rushed her 2 treatments also not offering her a cold drink, after treatments looking forward to a relax by the pool we were greeted by children having swimming lessons which completely ruined it for me, from the noise to the children who where waiting for the next class running around in the steam and sauna, lunch very enjoyable staff very pleasant, let's hope evening meal is more relaxing, trying to not let all the noise from the past hr to ruin this lovely hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a delegate on a 24hr rate and found the service excellent - from those who checked us in, to the restaurant staff and the events staff. My room was in the new part of the building and had a large walk in shower and bath as well as a comfortable bed, an electronic safe and a decent TV. Food was of a good quality standard with a buffet breakfast and lunch. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2014

An excellent day enjoyed by me and my wife at Crewe hall for a living social spa day. Lovley drive in up to the hall. Got there and greeted by a very socialble and helpfully man on the spa receptio handing us our towel and voucher for coffee and a danish at the brassierie. Went and had this straight away, and was lovely. Nice fresh coffee and I was able to swap my Danish for a crossiant ( I dont like danishes so was very kind of them).
Headed to the gym to work this off, a nice spacious gym with a good choice of equipment.
The pool area was great too, Nice and bright, and excellent steam sauna and jacquzzi. Also loved the little extras like the funky shower and the heated seats.
Finished the day off with a 2 course meal in the scrumptious brasserie!
Highly recommend crewe hall and worth the travel from where we are in Manchester

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Wychwood Park Hotel
Wychwood Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!