“Spa day - recommended”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Cheshire
“Spa day - recommended”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We went for a spa day package and really enjoyed our day. The receptionist in the spa was very pleasant and friendly and gave us a good tour of the facilities. We used the pool, steam room and sauna and they were all fine. The sensory shower was a bit odd as it didn't seem to do much apart from flash coloured lights, I couldn't notice a fragrance.

The spa treatments were pleasant enough but I would say that the relaxation room really needs to be bigger. It's like a small lounge and the chairs are quite close together so it wouldn't be overly relaxing if busy.

Our lunch in the Brasserie was gorgeous - fresh, tasty and good-sized portions. Highly recommended, but be aware that if your drinks are not included that they are expensive - £7.20 for a pot of tea for two!!

Overall we enjoyed our day and felt like we had had a nice treat. I'd go back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Polish first
Heywood
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Solo spa break in January 2014. Checked into standard room in new wing. Leaky toilet discovered on return from arrival day spa treatment. Two maintenance men unable to fix, so required a room change. Complete pain in the neck as I'd unpacked everything before discovering the issues, so I asked for a cheeky upgrade for the inconvenience. Promptly upgraded to the room I'd previously stayed in, Q Star room in the old main house. LOVELY!!!

Spa treatments were mixed. Oriental head massage was heaven but the following day's massage was delivered in a rather robotic way that left me disappointed.

Stunning food in the restaurant as per last time.

Would definitely recommend, although for spa treatments it seems a bit hit and miss.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade price or a cheeky request for rooms in the old house!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I treated my mother to afternoon tea at crewe hall for mothers day and it is certainly an experience that I will never forget, from the arrival the service was excellent, we were met by our Butler matt who took us to our table, anything that we asked for was no problem for him, he was a polite young gentleman, we were also served by a young girl whos name I don't remember, the stand was beautiful and a credit to the hotel, I will definitely be telling my friends about my experience and recommending crewe hall for afternoon tea.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cannock
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Booked this hotel as a last minute stay, on Sat 29th March, as we booked it offered us to upgrade for evening meal and a room with add on's .....
The room itself was in the new area, and it was very spacious with a nice sized bathroom with a bath and walk in shower, part of the add on's were drinks!!! very disappointing to find bottled water, one small glass of wine and a bottle of beer, should also have had a newspaper that didn't materialize and apparently better toiletries in the bathroom, not sure what they meant by that.
The hotel itself was quite nice, and the staff were friendly, but we could only use the bar in the brassiere as the other bar was completely overrun with a wedding party, would have expected a hotel of this size to have an area for relaxing and being able to have a drink other than in a dining area, which wasn't that big either.
That said, the evening meal was lovely and the staff were very pleasant.
Overall we did enjoy our stay, but just felt that as a 4* hotel, that some of the little touches were missing, like being asked if we wanted clean glasses upon reordering drinks at the bar.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Wowee! This place was recommend by a friend and I will definitely go again. It was a great experience to have afternoon tea there and we felt really special doing it. Service was great and the quality of the cakes and sandwiches was lovely. They were really happy to package up what we didn't eat too! The place itself is worth looking at even if you don't eat there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Machynlleth
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I'm very upset that we haven't been told by the staff, neither when I booked the spa on the phone nor on our arrival, that the swimmingpool of the spa is used for kids swimming lessons between 4-6 pm on a Monday afternoon ... where the swimming teachers are as loud as the screaming kids! On a positive side, they have the best steam room I've ever used in Britain.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

On the 30th of march I took my mother to Crewe hall for afternoon tea. As it was mother's day I wanted to treat her so I didn't mind the price too much. Having said that, what we received was brilliant value for money. The hotel was beautiful, out surrounding were fantastic. When we got there we were treated by a rather tall redheaded chap who was ever so nice. His service was impeccable and definitely gave the Ritz a run for its money. The overall service and food was super and very memorable for my mother and I. I would most definitely recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Mottram Hall
De Vere Cranage Estate
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!