“Fantastic time, amazing value for money!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crewe Hall
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic time, amazing value for money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Can't believe more people don't take advantage of this place and the spa deal!

Arrived for a swift check in, we chose to pay as we went as this was better for this. Took bag to the room although was offered help. Room beautiful and clean, sparkling wine in room on arrival. Lovely touch. The room was quite warm, we did use the air con correctly but it didn't really cool the room down, but I guess it was just the heat.

We used the facilities immediately; pool, sauna, steam room, very clean and well attended and not too busy.

We booked our meal for 8pm and we were seated straight away. The food was amazing and was served in good time. Staff were attentive and we were able to pay for the small amount of extras we had used above our deal. Nothing was too much trouble.

We ordered room service and this was delivered promptly and was presented well.

Breakfast was great with a good selection of continental and full breakfast to choose from. The only thing I observed at the evening meal and the breakfast was that staff were trying to keep all evening meal/breakfast diners together on one side of the restaurant as the opposite side was already clean and set up for the next meal. This meant that we were seated with 2 couples either side and in quite close proximity. However I'm sure if we had asked to sit at an alternative table then staff would have accommodated.

We used the amazing spa, loved it. Even bought some espa treats, love those products. We then used the lovely leisure facilities again. Although I think the fragrance shower should be a tad more fragranced!

During our stay the female receptionist was very helpful, sorry I didn't get her name. No question was too much.

This was a great visit and I'm sure we will be back again. We will definitely recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Having seen our annual conference was being held once more at Crewe Hall, I booked immediately. The venue is simply wonderful. I'm not sure how close other attractions are, but the hotel itself and the grounds are simply wonderful. If you stay here, make sure you put plenty of time aside to explore the grounds.

The conference venue itself, plus the room I was in was situated I the modern part of the hotel. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom clean and big enough.

The gym was well fitted out with a number of machines at the disposal of guests. The pool was a good size and a good temperature. The sauna and steam room were there, plus a jacuzzi for those that wanted to make use of them. I believe there was also a spa, but did not have time to visit this.

Food was delightful. The usual breakfast spread; the food at the conference lunch was plentiful, the dinners very rewarding.

This is a great hotel, and would welcome another visit here in the future. I would love to come back with my wife and spend some leisure time here too in the not too distant future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the night in June 2014, guests of my place of work who were holding an awards event here. The appearance of the hotel is wonderful from the tree lined drive to the stunning façade of the main building. The lobby reception and lounge are all equally impressive. We had a nice room in the old building, which was lovely, though no air-con. Most rooms appear to be in the modern extension. Typical 4* facilities. Food excellent with a great buffet breakfast. Walked in the pleasant grounds. Did not get time to use the leisure facilities. Very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the old building may not have air-con just desk fans.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Such a beautiful building and drive up to it. My best friend got married here and it was a wonderful setting. The staff were extremely eager to please and assisted with all our requests. The room was very spacious and beautifully vintage. Each room for the wedding was more charming than the next and you could spend hours looking at the ceiling and wall features all perfectly crafted. The food was delicious and the service was exceptional. Drinks however were really expensive which was the only downside. However that aside it was A splendid setting for a wedding.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Arrived for a spa stay. Checked in at reception but room not ready yet. The man on reception said we could leave our bags behind the desk and he'd ring us when the room was ready. Went to spa. Was told to have lunch 1st at brasserie. We got there at 12 and were told lunch wasn't til 12.30. So we waited in the bar expecting to be told when we could go in for lunch. Nobody did and it was only when I noticed that people were starting to be seated that they had opened for lunch. Ordered food (eventually...waited to be served for about 15-20 mins). Didn't get all of what was supposed to be included I.e. no chips. When queried they brought out potato wedges? When we went to check in again at the spa we had to queue for about 10 mins as there was only 1 person on reception but lots of other staff doing not much. When we finally got served I had to prize information out of the lady...where did we go for the spa? Where do we wait for our treatments? Can we have towels and robes...to which they answered no because they were waiting for housekeeping! They did eventually bring some to us ( that was the best service we got during our whole stay!) When we waited for our treatments we were supposed to go in at 3 but they forgot about my friend and she didn't go in until 3.15 which was after she queried when she was supposed to get her treatment. I asked for another towel after my treatment because mine was quite wet. Again was told there were none as waiting for housekeeping! Normally at spas there are ample towels and robes. We got no call to let us no that our rooms were ready like they said they would. Nobody told us that we needed to book dinner. When we did have dinner they forgot part of the meal again. My friend was supposed to get a quails egg, when she queried this they brought out a cold boiled hens egg? Does the chef not know his/her own menu? Food is lovely, building fabulous but service just really poor. Lots of staff but not a lot of service! Staff just seemed really reluctant to serve. It was the same when I stayed at Q hotels in Telford.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laura B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Easy check in on arrival. Warm friendly staff. Room was in the new quarter which was fine with me. Tea and coffee tray available, which I always like to see in a hotel. I was staying for a conference and the food provided was fantastic. Especially the formal meal in (I think) the library. Catering on such a large scale is no mean feat and I applaud the staff for how well they delivered this!
My main criticism would be that my room was far too hot so much so that on the first night I didn't get much sleep. I brought this up with reception and they promptly brought me a huge fan and I'm pleased to report this made a huge difference to my second nights sleep.
Would I stay again? Absolutely!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexandra P
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The old part of the hotel starts at reception is full of character and old world charm (spooky) staff helpful and friendly. Conference staff really helpfull

Walk down a long corridor and you are back in the 20th century, this is were you find the conference centre very modern and airy.
Food is good but variety is poor service quite fast.
Never stayed in a feature room only one of the modern rooms in the conference side, clean with all facilities, the pillows spoiled it for me bit like a sponge, good comfy bed, pillows maybe better in more expensive rooms.
Its worth a visit event if you fancy a Coffey just to experience the hall.

Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Mottram Hall
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,364 reviews
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!