2,472 results
All reviews afternoon tea q hotels tower suite modern wing west wing main hall spa break feature room stately home crew hall sheridan lounge newer part beautiful building original building four poster bed brasserie restaurant leisure facilities
Reviewed 2 May 2016

I attended my nieces wedding and was very impressed. The atmosphere was good and the food and service were excellent. The venue is upmarket with plenty of parking.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the day went extremely well. I would certainly recommend this venue for weddings and special occasions.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sue s
CreweHall, General Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2016

Dear sue s,

Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review of Crewe Hall following your recent visit.

I am delighted that to read that you enjoyed the day so much and I will be passing on your compliments to our staff.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Crewe hall is set in its own extensive grounds and looks very impressive from the outside. On entering into the hotel reception area the wow feeling happens. Complete grandure is the statement.
There are rooms in the old hall and rooms in the annex wings. We opted to stay in the annex. The rooms are equally as impressive being spacious, modern and with a kingsize bed and excellent bathroom.
The bar area is well situated and in next to the restaraunt. This now brings me to my only gripe and disappointment. We ordered room service for dinner. After what seemed an eternity in waiting the food eventually turned up it was virtually cold. We complained to reception and was assured our meal would be replaced. Unfortunately it never happened and we were left feeling very hungry.

Part of our booking was a request for a bottle of wine in our room upon arrival. Nope that wasn't there either. Eventually a bottle of red wine was placed in our room whilst we had a drink in the bar. We called reception again mentioning that we don't like red wine. We was assured a replacement bottle of wine would be sent to our room .... and oh dear it didn't arrive as promised.

The breakfast is a help yourself service. We decided to sit in the bar area as the restaraunt was full. After sitting at a table we had to ask for utems such as cutlary, crockery and a pot of tea. The so called waitress just wasn't interested. Breakfast consisted of all the usual items but sadly they ran out of sausages and wouldn't cook anymore. Which inturn upset a lot of people.

Please don't let our experience put you off staying here. I would highly recommend a stay and we will return and hopefully next time it will be for the better.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank cjw064

Dear cjw064,

Thank you for taking the time of posting your recent review and please allow me to apologise for the shortfall in service that you experienced during your visit, particularly regarding your dining experiences.

We offer an extensive selection of hot and cold items with our breakfast buffet and I'm sorry that on this occasion we were unable to offer the full selection that we have available.

I'm happy to hear that this hasn't put your off returning to Crewe Hall, and I look forward to ensuring that your stay meets our high expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Visited for a Wedding. I have stayed here a few times before in the past and had been raving about it before our visit to my partner, he wasn't disappointed when we arrived. If you are lucky enough to stay in one of the older rooms then you have to appreciate that it is older and the decor is in keeping with this. Our room was just lovely. Every member of staff was just really pleasant. We were actually a little late for breakfast as we had not realised it finished at 0930 but the staff in the restaurant made sure we got sorted. The grounds of the hotel are gorgeous so it is well worth leaving time for a walk round if you can. Thanks to all the staff at the venue for making our stay so enjoyable.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank lorraine2836

Dear lorraine2836,

Thank you for your review of Crewe Hall Hotel following your stay.

I'm glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to the Hotel, and that you were well looked after by our staff.

We have some beautiful grounds surrounding Crewe Hall and we encourage all of our guests to explore the Hotel and its grounds as they are spectacular at this time of year.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming your back soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

My wife booked this hotel, for a birthday treat. It is about an hour away and another world from home, in the Wirral. Even though there is now an industrial complex surrounding the hotel, once in through the gates you would not know it was there, the only ambient noise was birdsong.
We had a VIQ room in the West Wing, second floor, a little complicated to access the lift that went to the second floor, but this was pointed out to us at reception.
Getting into the room, a Birthday card and a gift-wrapped bottle of quality wine was waiting for me and us respectively. The room was of a reasonable size and comfortable.

We wandered around the old building taking photographs, however just as I was getting started a wedding party arrived, didn't spend as much time as I would have liked in certain parts. (didn't want to upstage the official photographer... ;) ) so moved around avoiding the wedding guests as appropriate. While doing so met the General Manager and had a good conversation, who obviously had no problem with me wandering around with a D-SLR camera on a tripod. Would have liked to have spent many hours more taking and making more photographs (To be honest this may mean I have an excuse to add a tilt-shift lens to my collection)

We dined in the Brasserie in the West Wing and on the included set menu, which had a good selection to choose from, as too the wine list. All staff were attentive and polite the food was both delicious and very well presented.

The Breakfast the following morning was both plentiful and of good quality, I noticed the chefs we on the ball replacing (in this instance the fried eggs) anything that have been in the serving area too long.

Later that afternoon, after relaxing in the spa, we had afternoon tea in the Sheridan Lounge. Again the sandwiches, scones and cakes were delicious.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CreweHall, General Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Dear Eddie Gremlin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of Crewe Hall Hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you sincerely for your positive comments in relation to your time spent with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Crewe Hall in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Arrived expecting a 4 star hotel, Crew hall is nothing like a 4 star hotel. The room was ok but lacked the usual items eg shower cap face cloths sewing kits and bottled water. The restaurant was terrible it was like dining in a department store cafe. Food was poor but service good. Office manager said hotel had 2 rosettes for the restaurant. I don't think so The web site shows pictures of s lovely dining room but this had not been used for 3 years very misleading. We won't be back.

6  Thank Christine S

Dear Christine S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your feedback following your recent stay. I'm sorry that you felt let down by the standard of food, although I am happy to read that you felt the service provided was good.

I'm sorry to read that you won't be returning to Crewe Hall, however thank you for taking the time to inform us of your comments.